Yoshiminedera Temple6 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Japan, Yubinbango610-1133 Kyoto Prefecture, Kyoto, Nishikyo Ward, Oharanooshio cho 1372
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-753310020
- Ticket Price: 400 JPY
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Statue, Family And Kids
Founded in the year 1029 by the priest Gensan, the Yoshiminedera Temple lies on the Saigoku Kannon pilgrimage path. Belonging to the Tendai school of Buddhism, the main objects of worship over here are the Kannon statue carved by Gesan himself and another Kannon statue which was given by Emperor Gosuzaku to the temple. While visiting the temple, do check out the ancient pine tree which is over 600 years old!
Yoshiminedera Temple Travel Tips
- It is an active place of worship. Please maintain the tranquillity of the place.
- Don’t forget to remove your footwear before entering the premises.
- It is recommended to wear conservative clothing.
Entrance Ticket Details For Yoshiminedera Temple
- Adults: 400 yen
- Children: 200 yen
Yoshiminedera Temple Hours
- Entry till 4:45 pm only.
How to Reach Yoshiminedera Temple
- Mukomachi Station
- Higashimuko Station
- From these stations, one needs to either hire a taxi or hop on the Hankyu Bus number 66.
- Hankyu Nagaoka-tenjin Station and then hire a taxi from there.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kyoto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kyoto and book an accommodation of your choice.