Arenal Natura Ecological Park320 Votes Currently Open
- Address: La Fortuna, 6km towards to Arenal Volcano |300m NE from the entrance to Volcano Lodge Hotel, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park 21007, CR, Costa Rica
- Timings: 08:00 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Phone: +506-24791616
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: National Park, Wildlife Park, Family And Kids, Nature
The Arenal Natura Ecological Park is located in a stunning section of the rainforest at the base of the magnificent Arenal Volcano. It makes the most of its unique location by being home to a large number of indigenous flora and fauna. They maintain the park as close to the original rainforest as possible, because they want all the residents of the park, including the several types of fascinating frogs, birds, reptiles, and their natural habitats to take centre stage.
You can choose from different packages to take part in at the park, including the mysterious night walk, which takes place only after sunset. You can even choose to go bird watching, and get the chance to glimpse the keel billed Toucan or the melodious blackbird. If you’re short on time, you could even go for a package deal which has the best of everything Arenal Natura Ecological Park has to offer!
- The Arenal Natura Ecological Park even has its own dedicated frog farm, along with a spectacular Heliconia garden, a Costa Rican plant characterized by their large leaves and brilliant coloured flower.
- You can brave the Reptiles Lagoon, which is home to the Crocodile Crocodylus Acutus. This ferocious beast can grow up to over 5 metres long.
- They have even recreated the natural habitats of snakes to construct a Serpentarium, which houses the enormous Fer de Lance Bothrops Asper and large Boa constrictors, as well as a large number of non-poisonous snakes and lizards.
For a quick glimpse at all the natural wonders Costa Rica has to offer, don’t forget to visit the Arenal Natura Ecological Park!
Arenal Natura Ecological Park Travel Tips
- The best times to go bird watching would be early in the morning or in the late afternoon.
Entrance Ticket Details For Arenal Natura Ecological Park
- Natura Premium- $29
- Night Walk- $35
- Bird Watching- 40.
- Arenal Lodge
- Volcano Lodge
- Hotel Kokoro Arenal
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in La Fortuna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in La Fortuna and book an accommodation of your choice.
29.04% of people who visit La Fortuna include Arenal Natura Ecological Park in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
39.47% of people start their Arenal Natura Ecological Park visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Arenal Natura Ecological Park
92.37% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Arenal Natura Ecological Park