Arenal Natura Ecological ParkCurrently Open [Closes at 07:30 pm]
- Address: La Fortuna, 6km towards to Arenal Volcano |300m NE from the entrance to Volcano Lodge Hotel, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park 21007, CR, Costa Rica
- Timings: 08:00 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Phone: +506-24791616
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: National Park, Wildlife Park, Family And Kids, Nature
Arenal Natura Ecological Park - Review
The Arenal Natura Ecological Park is located in a stunning section of the rainforest at the base of the magnificent Arenal Volcano. It makes the most of its unique location by being home to a large number of indigenous flora and fauna. They maintain the park as close to the original rainforest as possible, because they want all the residents of the park, including the several types of fascinating frogs, birds, reptiles, and their natural habitats to take centre stage.
You can choose from different packages to take part in at the park, including the mysterious night walk, which takes place only after sunset. You can even choose to go bird watching, and get the chance to glimpse the keel billed Toucan or the melodious blackbird. If you’re short on time, you could even go for a package deal which has the best of everything Arenal Natura Ecological Park has to offer!
- The Arenal Natura Ecological Park even has its own dedicated frog farm, along with a spectacular Heliconia garden, a Costa Rican plant characterized by their large leaves and brilliant coloured flower.
- You can brave the Reptiles Lagoon, which is home to the Crocodile Crocodylus Acutus. This ferocious beast can grow up to over 5 metres long.
- They have even recreated the natural habitats of snakes to construct a Serpentarium, which houses the enormous Fer de Lance Bothrops Asper and large Boa constrictors, as well as a large number of non-poisonous snakes and lizards.
For a quick glimpse at all the natural wonders Costa Rica has to offer, don’t forget to visit the Arenal Natura Ecological Park!
Arenal Natura Ecological Park Information
- The best times to go bird watching would be early in the morning or in the late afternoon.
Arenal Natura Ecological Park Ticket Prices
- Natura Premium- $29
- Night Walk- $35
- Bird Watching- 40.
Restaurants Near Arenal Natura Ecological Park
- Arenal Lodge
- Volcano Lodge
- Hotel Kokoro Arenal
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in La Fortuna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in La Fortuna and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Arenal Natura Ecological Park
95% of people who visit La Fortuna include Arenal Natura Ecological Park in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
31.44% of people start their Arenal Natura Ecological Park visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Arenal Natura Ecological Park
93.77% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Arenal Natura Ecological Park
Arenal Natura Ecological Park Map
Arenal Natura Ecological Park Trips
Arenal Natura Ecological Park, La Fortuna Reviews
Natura Ecological Park wasn’t on our itinerary but a change in our schedule allowed us to spend a morning here. We really enjoyed our guided tour (it’s worth the cost to hire a guide as they are able to point out many of the animals that are nearly impossible to find) though the park. After the guided portion of the tour we were free to roam the trails on the property and enjoy the natural setting.
We did the night tour and wow was it amazing. We wandered the ground searching for all sorts of things that go bump in the night and we certainly found them. Multiple varieties of frogs, bats and insects. Doing the tour at night when certain creatures are a lot more active really enhances the experience. The guides were knowledgeable friendly and genuinely interested in ecology. It's a bit pricey but I think it was worth the trip.
A really good nature reserve that is good to explore during the day but a wonderful place to visit at night. Our guide on the night tour, Carlos, was very well informed and enthusiastic about the reserve. This is well with a visit.
Very good guide! Managed to see a couple of frogs in the wild. A lot of frogs, snakes and lizards inside of terrariums, not the fun way to see them but you get to see them :)
Arenal national is a beautiful park to visit. This park does get a bit crowded in the morning so if you like less of a crowed go a tad later like 2 or so. I had a guide that i paid a bit extra for, but its very worth it having a guide. He carries a really nice telescope with him and he can take beautiful close up pictures through it on your phone too. They are also very knowledgable and know where animals live along the trail in the park so they spot them very quick and they can tell you about the animal. It is actually crazy how they can spot so many animals. I saw two eyelash vipors on this trail along with 2 family of monkies, a trantuala, so many exotic birds, some animals ive never heard of and a sleeping sloth sleeping high up into the canopy. This park has many swinging bridges. It helps you see what it feels like to be an animal (monkey for example) living high up in the canopy. I really enjoyed the hike. Although the trail is slightly hilly it is accommodating for people in wheelchairs.
All QuestionsArenal natura ecological park
- Murrayville United Methodist Church
- Double L Quarter Horses
- Murrayville Baptist Church
- Murrayville United Methodist Parsonage
- Sandy Creek Baptist Assoc
- Murrayville House Of Prayer
- Little Egypt Woodmen Camp
- Faith Church Of God
- St Paul's Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
- Calvary Southern Baptist Church
- West Frankfort Bowl
- Depot Veterans Memorial & Coal Miner's Memorial
- Third Baptist Church
- Harmony Freewill Baptist Church
- Strawberry Meadows