Cerro Chato Anc Park And GardensCurrently Open
- Address: 300 Mts North of Fortuna Waterfall | Arenal Volcano Area, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park 00000, Costa Rica
- Timings: 07:00 am - 01:00 pm Details
- Phone: +506-24797700
- Ticket Price: 10 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Forest, Geological Formation, Trail, View Point, Hiking Trail, Walking Area, Leisure, Family And Kids, Rock Climbing, Valley, Picnic Spot, Nature, Volcano
The Cerro Chato Lagoon is an untouched, dazzling lagoon that lies at the top of a smaller dormant volcano, close to the Arenal Volcano. The Arenal Nature Conservancy Park & Gardens is a private park, which is the closest property to the Cerro Chato Lagoon. The 400 acre property has quickly become a favourite tourist spot, as it offers breath-taking hiking trails and a lot more along with the spectacular view.
Once you enter the ANC Park & Gardens area, you embark on an immensely scenic hike up one of the trails, that lead up to the lagoon. As you go higher, the view keeps getting better. You’ll be able to see the Arenal Volcano in all its might, and the rainforest as you go higher. Eventually, you will be greeted by a once in a lifetime view of the San Carlos valley in all its grandeur.
After you scale your way up to the top, you can take a dip in the calm waters of the lagoon, or simply sit back and marvel at the sight in front of you- a picturesque lagoon, overlooking a valley and rainforests with a volcano behind it all. Sounds magnificent, doesn’t it? You can then begin your descent into the Green Lagoon Lodge. As soon as you enter the Green Lagoon Lodge, you can go for a quick shower and enjoy a hearty lunch by the pool.
When you have had a great time at the lodge, you can begin your descent back down, or take a cab back to your hotel. On the way back, you can look at the numerous pictures you have clicked, because if you have a camera, there is no way you won’t be stopping many times to click away!
Cerro Chato Anc Park And Gardens Travel Tips
- As you prepare to embark on your hike, you can stop by the Green Lagoon Information Center and pick up a map.
- Bring a lot of sunblock, a hat, and water, not to mention a good pair of hiking shoes.
- The trail leading to the lagoon is steep, and is recommended for experienced hikers in good physical condition.
- If you decide you don’t want to hike back across the dormant Chato Volcano, you can hail a taxi from the Observatory to the downtown La Fortuna area or nearby hotels, which will run you about $19 - $ 33 depending on distance.
- Parking Spots are available at the lodge at no cost.
- If you decide to hike to the summit of Cerro Chato, the Lagoon or to the view point of Arenal Volcano at the summit, you will do it under your own risk and responsibility.
- Vaca Muca Restaurante
- Novillito's Steak House
- La Choza de Laurel
- Cafe Mediterraneo
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in La Fortuna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in La Fortuna and book an accommodation of your choice.
29.55% of people who visit La Fortuna include Cerro Chato Anc Park And Gardens in their plan
95% of people start their Cerro Chato Anc Park And Gardens visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Cerro Chato Anc Park And Gardens
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cerro Chato Anc Park And Gardens
People normally also visit Ecoglide Arenal Park while planning their trip to Cerro Chato Anc Park And Gardens.