Desafio Adventure Company, La Fortuna
About Desafio Adventure Company, La Fortuna
Desafio Adventure Company, La Fortuna - Address, Phone Number
Address: Behind the Central Church (Arenal Volcano), La Fortuna 21007, Costa Rica
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 07:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
Added 7.3K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Cave, Forest, Hiking Trail, Biking Trail, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Adventure, Water Sport, Rock Climbing, Boating, Picnic Spot, Bird Watching
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Situated in La Fortuna, the Desafio Adventure Company is one of Costa Rica’s finest places for outdoor adventure travel. Visitors can choose from a range of activities like canyoneering, horseback riding, mountain biking, hiking, birdwatching, kayaking, stand up paddling, transportation, conservation programs, volunteer opportunities and a lot more.
The Desafio Adventure Company has its office in the town of La Fortuna, Costa Rica, and has its adventure activities around the Arenal volcano area. Because of the proximity of the activities, everything you could possibly plan for can be done within the space of a day. Right from a water safari down the Penas Blancas River to the Extreme Volcano & Waterfall Hike, the Desafio Adventure Company caters for everything a thrill seeker could possibly want.
- Try the newest water sport in Costa Rica, Stand Up Paddling on Lake Arenal. Open to first timers as well, visitors claim it feels like you’re walking on water.
- For a real challenge, take up the Mountain Biking route, where you can ride around the volcano’s backroads, hills and through the rainforests.
- Cave Spelunking is one of their newest popular attractions, where you can dive into underground caves and check out some interesting and unique Paleolithic rock formations.
The Desafio Adventure Company claims to have only two rules. The first one is to be safe, and the second one is to have as much fun as you could possibly have!
Desafio Adventure Company Information
- To get good offers and save time, try booking some package deals, eg: Arenal Volcano Hike + The Springs Spa & Resort + Dinner in one day.
- The tours are subject to capacity, so if you’re looking forward to it, booking tickets online before arrival would be a good idea.
- The Company has different activities with varying levels of difficulties. Some of the activities require you to be established before trying it out (Mountain Biking, for example). Make sure you are ready to take on these activities before trying them out.
- The office is very close to the town centre bus stop, which means you can make bookings en route to your hotel.
Desafio Adventure Company Ticket Prices
- Ticket Prices depend on what package you are opting for. Check the website for details.
How To reach Desafio Adventure Company by Public Transport
- Close to city centre, which is well connected to buses from San Jose and other nearby towns.
Restaurants Near Desafio Adventure Company
- Restaurante Lava Lounge
- Hotel Luigis
- Burger King
- Restaurante La Cascada
- Restaurante La Parada
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in La Fortuna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in La Fortuna and book an accommodation of your choice.
Desafio Adventure Company, La Fortuna Reviews - Write a Review
Highly recommend these guys. We were in between Desafio and Pure Trek but I'm glad we went with these guys. They were so friendly and fun and taught us cool things about local wildlife along the way. And even though they offer a photo package, they're okay with you bringing GoPros and other cameras and even have helmets with mounts already on them. Lunch was great at the end too.
Me father and I used this company so far for canyoneering in the waterfalls and river rafting. I must say that we were extremely impressed. The guides transitioned from english to Spanish constantly in order to make sure everyone felt included in conversation. They were very accommodating in providing towels and delicious food as well as made sure we spotted wild life as we enjoyed our adventure. The staff was very informative and kind and we felt like we were treated extremely well in a group and later on a private rafting excursion. I will recommend this Adventure tour group to all my friends.
Great staff, fun activities, we were only two for a full day activity and they had a full staff working just fir us. They were very accommodating and friendly. The prices are are not cheap but you get what tou pay for, not only the activity but also pick up and drop off wherever you want, and snacks and food depending on the time of day. Very recommended.
Desafio was very professional and had clean new facilities in town and nice transportation. They have a great set up with delicious lunch! Guides have a great sense of humor, people I would hang out with! We did the 4 hour Canyoning and the little waterfalls and split activities kept it interesting and thrilling! Highly recommended!
Awesome rafting experience. Company organized everything from picking us up from the hotel to snacks during the rafting and lunch after. Guides were great and the equipment was new. Highly recommend!
- Nearby Attractions
- Río Frío
- Mistico Arenal Hanging Bridges Park
- Hotel La Amistad
- Del Coco Beach
- Costa Rica Cooking
- Sky Trek
- Leaves And Lizards Arenal Volcano Cabin Retreat
- Cerro Chato Ecolodge
- La Fortuna Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in La Fortuna
- What to See in 48 Hours in La Fortuna
- What to See in 72 Hours in La Fortuna
- How to Spend 5 Days in La Fortuna
- How to Spend 6 Days in La Fortuna
- How to Spend 7 Days in La Fortuna