Desafio Adventure Company, La FortunaCurrently Open [Closes at 09:00 pm]
- Address: Behind the Central Church (Arenal Volcano), La Fortuna 21007, Costa Rica
- Timings: 07:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +506-24790020
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Cave, Forest, Hiking Trail, Biking Trail, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Adventure, Water Sport, Rock Climbing, Boating, Picnic Spot, Bird Watching
About Desafio Adventure Company, La Fortuna
Situated in La Fortuna, the Desafio Adventure Company is one of Costa Rica’s finest places for outdoor adventure travel. Visitors can choose from a range of activities like canyoneering, horseback riding, mountain biking, hiking, birdwatching, kayaking, stand up paddling, transportation, conservation programs, volunteer opportunities and a lot more.
The Desafio Adventure Company has its office in the town of La Fortuna, Costa Rica, and has its adventure activities around the Arenal volcano area. Because of the proximity of the activities, everything you could possibly plan for can be done within the space of a day. Right from a water safari down the Penas Blancas River to the Extreme Volcano & Waterfall Hike, the Desafio Adventure Company caters for everything a thrill seeker could possibly want.
- Try the newest water sport in Costa Rica, Stand Up Paddling on Lake Arenal. Open to first timers as well, visitors claim it feels like you’re walking on water.
- For a real challenge, take up the Mountain Biking route, where you can ride around the volcano’s backroads, hills and through the rainforests.
- Cave Spelunking is one of their newest popular attractions, where you can dive into underground caves and check out some interesting and unique Paleolithic rock formations.
The Desafio Adventure Company claims to have only two rules. The first one is to be safe, and the second one is to have as much fun as you could possibly have!
Desafio Adventure Company Information
- To get good offers and save time, try booking some package deals, eg: Arenal Volcano Hike + The Springs Spa & Resort + Dinner in one day.
- The tours are subject to capacity, so if you’re looking forward to it, booking tickets online before arrival would be a good idea.
- The Company has different activities with varying levels of difficulties. Some of the activities require you to be established before trying it out (Mountain Biking, for example). Make sure you are ready to take on these activities before trying them out.
- The office is very close to the town centre bus stop, which means you can make bookings en route to your hotel.
Desafio Adventure Company Ticket Prices
- Ticket Prices depend on what package you are opting for. Check the website for details.
How To reach Desafio Adventure Company by Public Transport
- Close to city centre, which is well connected to buses from San Jose and other nearby towns.
Restaurants Near Desafio Adventure Company
- Restaurante Lava Lounge
- Hotel Luigis
- Burger King
- Restaurante La Cascada
- Restaurante La Parada
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in La Fortuna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in La Fortuna and book an accommodation of your choice.
Desafio Adventure Company, La Fortuna Reviews
Book this company for two tours. The first tour was the lost canyon tour plus hotsprings with transportation from San Jose area. Very professional, safe, and fun. My only suggestion would be to let the repellers go down a bit further down the waterfalls before having to zipline to the bottom. The last waterfall 200+ feet, but in reality we only got to bounce for 20 feet maybe. The Los Lagos hotsprings was included and we were taken there directly after the canyoning. This made our check in to our airbnb rather late which was unsettling so we ended up leaving the hot springs after an hour or two to make sure we could get in our hotel. The second tour was zip-lining and hanging bridges combo. I know they dont directly operate these tours just provide the transportation, but the ziplining views were awesome (when it stopped raining) and the hanging bridges were cool, although not many animals to be seen. Overall it was a great experience.
Highly recommend these guys. We were in between Desafio and Pure Trek but I'm glad we went with these guys. They were so friendly and fun and taught us cool things about local wildlife along the way. And even though they offer a photo package, they're okay with you bringing GoPros and other cameras and even have helmets with mounts already on them. Lunch was great at the end too.
Had an awesome time repelling, hiking, whitewater rafting and eating. Great experience and great staff.
Can't recommend this company enough for your different adventures in Costa Rica. We booked them for 3 different things (canyoneering, zip lining, and white water rafting). They pick you up and drop you off at your hotel/resort, which was so helpful for us since we didn't have a car. The staff is super fun and genuinely seem to love their jobs. The cayoneering is a great experience. The zip lining is done through EgoGlide, which was also wonderful! We did white water rafting on New Year's Eve in the pouring rain, and still had a great time. Our guide "Chello" made it extremely fun despite the weather. Use these guys for your adventure booking, you won't be disappointed!! :) Forgot to mention the lunches in my first review. The provided lunch for us both days - which was INCREDIBLE. This is no bagged/boxed lunch - they have home cooked meals with rice and beans, chicken, salad, etc. It was fantastic and a great addition to our days.
Me father and I used this company so far for canyoneering in the waterfalls and river rafting. I must say that we were extremely impressed. The guides transitioned from english to Spanish constantly in order to make sure everyone felt included in conversation. They were very accommodating in providing towels and delicious food as well as made sure we spotted wild life as we enjoyed our adventure. The staff was very informative and kind and we felt like we were treated extremely well in a group and later on a private rafting excursion. I will recommend this Adventure tour group to all my friends.