Desafio Adventure CompanyCurrently Open [Closes at 09:00 pm]
- Address: Behind the Central Church (Arenal Volcano), La Fortuna 21007, Costa Rica
- Timings: 07:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +506-24790020
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Cave, Forest, Hiking Trail, Biking Trail, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Adventure, Water Sport, Rock Climbing, Boating, Picnic Spot, Bird Watching
Desafio Adventure Company - Review
Situated in La Fortuna, the Desafio Adventure Company is one of Costa Rica’s finest places for outdoor adventure travel. Visitors can choose from a range of activities like canyoneering, horseback riding, mountain biking, hiking, birdwatching, kayaking, stand up paddling, transportation, conservation programs, volunteer opportunities and a lot more.
The Desafio Adventure Company has its office in the town of La Fortuna, Costa Rica, and has its adventure activities around the Arenal volcano area. Because of the proximity of the activities, everything you could possibly plan for can be done within the space of a day. Right from a water safari down the Penas Blancas River to the Extreme Volcano & Waterfall Hike, the Desafio Adventure Company caters for everything a thrill seeker could possibly want.
- Try the newest water sport in Costa Rica, Stand Up Paddling on Lake Arenal. Open to first timers as well, visitors claim it feels like you’re walking on water.
- For a real challenge, take up the Mountain Biking route, where you can ride around the volcano’s backroads, hills and through the rainforests.
- Cave Spelunking is one of their newest popular attractions, where you can dive into underground caves and check out some interesting and unique Paleolithic rock formations.
The Desafio Adventure Company claims to have only two rules. The first one is to be safe, and the second one is to have as much fun as you could possibly have!
Desafio Adventure Company Information
- To get good offers and save time, try booking some package deals, eg: Arenal Volcano Hike + The Springs Spa & Resort + Dinner in one day.
- The tours are subject to capacity, so if you’re looking forward to it, booking tickets online before arrival would be a good idea.
- The Company has different activities with varying levels of difficulties. Some of the activities require you to be established before trying it out (Mountain Biking, for example). Make sure you are ready to take on these activities before trying them out.
- The office is very close to the town centre bus stop, which means you can make bookings en route to your hotel.
Desafio Adventure Company Ticket Prices
- Ticket Prices depend on what package you are opting for. Check the website for details.
How To reach Desafio Adventure Company by Public Transport
- Close to city centre, which is well connected to buses from San Jose and other nearby towns.
Restaurants Near Desafio Adventure Company
- Restaurante Lava Lounge
- Hotel Luigis
- Burger King
- Restaurante La Cascada
- Restaurante La Parada
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in La Fortuna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in La Fortuna and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Desafio Adventure Company
95% of people who visit La Fortuna include Desafio Adventure Company in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
35.21% of people start their Desafio Adventure Company visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Desafio Adventure Company
93.57% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Desafio Adventure Company
Desafio Adventure Company Map
Desafio Adventure Company Trips
2 Views14 Days 13 Nights14 Day Trip to Monteverde, Jaco, Alajuela, La FortBy: Guest UserCity: Monteverde, Jaco, Alajuela, La Fortuna, San Jose
Desafio Adventure Company, La Fortuna Reviews
We did the white water rafting with this company, it was a very good experience. The guides were really good and you have to leave all your baggage in the van when doing the rafting. We had our passports in our bags but everything went really smooth. They offered pineapple and water melon at the end of rafting and it was delicious, dont miss the opportunity to take a bite. After the rafting they took us for lunch and it was local food. It was very delicious. We would love to do it again.
Fun group of guides on our whitewater rafting experience. They make everyone feel safe, training on shore before going in. Accidents can happen, but it seemed like safety was the main concern both before and during the action. Spotters in kayaks are with the boats and other boats generally stay within sight of each other. A brief fruit snack stop at the side of the river where a few random cattle were stopped for a drink was welcome before the last few rapids. A little chance to chat with other adventurers or just have a stretch to better enjoy the last few minutes on the water. The rapids you face will depend which river you ride.
We did the Hanging Bridges nature walk and it was fantastic!! We saw a coati, agouti, eyelash viper, tarantula, hummingbirds, a couple species of motmot (including a nesting pair), and a tarantula hawk (which I hope never to see again). Our guide, Joshua, was very knowledgeable, and excellent at spotting via telescope. He was also very adept at taking camera-phone pictures through the telescope, so got some amazing pics. The walk was not too difficult (and I am very unfit, so for someone of a healthy weight/fitness it would probably rank about a 4/10... I get winded on two flights of stairs and would call it a 7/10). At the end of our hike we were provided some drinks, as well as some pineapple and watermelon which were very juicy and sweet. Would highly recommend to anyone!
Employees are very nice and friendly, also knowledgeable on many things. Had a great time on a rafting trip with the tour guide. Highly recommend to anyone looking to have a great adventure with great people.
The white water rafting was amazing!!! The guide Jeffery made the ride even more entertaining. Fresh fruit and amazing Costa Rican lunch. Located right in La Fortuna, would love to do this again!