Desafio Adventure CompanyCurrently Open [Closes at 09:00 pm]
- Address: Behind the Central Church (Arenal Volcano), La Fortuna 21007, Costa Rica
- Timings: 07:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +506-24790020
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Cave, Forest, Hiking Trail, Biking Trail, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Adventure, Water Sport, Rock Climbing, Boating, Picnic Spot, Bird Watching
Situated in La Fortuna, the Desafio Adventure Company is one of Costa Rica’s finest places for outdoor adventure travel. Visitors can choose from a range of activities like canyoneering, horseback riding, mountain biking, hiking, birdwatching, kayaking, stand up paddling, transportation, conservation programs, volunteer opportunities and a lot more.
The Desafio Adventure Company has its office in the town of La Fortuna, Costa Rica, and has its adventure activities around the Arenal volcano area. Because of the proximity of the activities, everything you could possibly plan for can be done within the space of a day. Right from a water safari down the Penas Blancas River to the Extreme Volcano & Waterfall Hike, the Desafio Adventure Company caters for everything a thrill seeker could possibly want.
- Try the newest water sport in Costa Rica, Stand Up Paddling on Lake Arenal. Open to first timers as well, visitors claim it feels like you’re walking on water.
- For a real challenge, take up the Mountain Biking route, where you can ride around the volcano’s backroads, hills and through the rainforests.
- Cave Spelunking is one of their newest popular attractions, where you can dive into underground caves and check out some interesting and unique Paleolithic rock formations.
The Desafio Adventure Company claims to have only two rules. The first one is to be safe, and the second one is to have as much fun as you could possibly have!
- To get good offers and save time, try booking some package deals, eg: Arenal Volcano Hike + The Springs Spa & Resort + Dinner in one day.
- The tours are subject to capacity, so if you’re looking forward to it, booking tickets online before arrival would be a good idea.
- The Company has different activities with varying levels of difficulties. Some of the activities require you to be established before trying it out (Mountain Biking, for example). Make sure you are ready to take on these activities before trying them out.
- The office is very close to the town centre bus stop, which means you can make bookings en route to your hotel.
- Ticket Prices depend on what package you are opting for. Check the website for details.
- Close to city centre, which is well connected to buses from San Jose and other nearby towns.
- Restaurante Lava Lounge
- Hotel Luigis
- Burger King
- Restaurante La Cascada
- Restaurante La Parada
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in La Fortuna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in La Fortuna and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit La Fortuna include Desafio Adventure Company in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
41.73% of people start their Desafio Adventure Company visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Desafio Adventure Company
93.35% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Desafio Adventure Company
Went on a river rafting tour with this company. Really appreciated and enjoyed the superb hospitality and professionalism of all the team members we met. Had a blast!
White Water Rafting was so much fun and Mauricio was a fantastic guide!! Desafio is a first-class place and with very professional staff. We had two teenage children and they loved it.
Lost canyon tour...do it. Incredible! I cannot thank these guys enough for an amazing experience!! Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Would come back to Costa Rica again just to tour with this company.
These guys are prompt, friendly and know their stuff. Never act “put-off” always very accommodating and excited to show you the area! Seriously, what a friendly, professional group!
Booked four tours with this company in la fortuna. All very good especially the lost canyon. Food was also petty good at their local restaurant nestled in the forest.