Desafio Adventure CompanyCurrently Closed
- Address: Behind the Central Church (Arenal Volcano), La Fortuna 21007, Costa Rica
- Timings: 07:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +506-24790020
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Cave, Forest, Hiking Trail, Biking Trail, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Adventure, Water Sport, Rock Climbing, Boating, Picnic Spot, Bird Watching
Desafio Adventure Company - Review
Situated in La Fortuna, the Desafio Adventure Company is one of Costa Rica’s finest places for outdoor adventure travel. Visitors can choose from a range of activities like canyoneering, horseback riding, mountain biking, hiking, birdwatching, kayaking, stand up paddling, transportation, conservation programs, volunteer opportunities and a lot more.
The Desafio Adventure Company has its office in the town of La Fortuna, Costa Rica, and has its adventure activities around the Arenal volcano area. Because of the proximity of the activities, everything you could possibly plan for can be done within the space of a day. Right from a water safari down the Penas Blancas River to the Extreme Volcano & Waterfall Hike, the Desafio Adventure Company caters for everything a thrill seeker could possibly want.
- Try the newest water sport in Costa Rica, Stand Up Paddling on Lake Arenal. Open to first timers as well, visitors claim it feels like you’re walking on water.
- For a real challenge, take up the Mountain Biking route, where you can ride around the volcano’s backroads, hills and through the rainforests.
- Cave Spelunking is one of their newest popular attractions, where you can dive into underground caves and check out some interesting and unique Paleolithic rock formations.
The Desafio Adventure Company claims to have only two rules. The first one is to be safe, and the second one is to have as much fun as you could possibly have!
Desafio Adventure Company Information
- To get good offers and save time, try booking some package deals, eg: Arenal Volcano Hike + The Springs Spa & Resort + Dinner in one day.
- The tours are subject to capacity, so if you’re looking forward to it, booking tickets online before arrival would be a good idea.
- The Company has different activities with varying levels of difficulties. Some of the activities require you to be established before trying it out (Mountain Biking, for example). Make sure you are ready to take on these activities before trying them out.
- The office is very close to the town centre bus stop, which means you can make bookings en route to your hotel.
Desafio Adventure Company Ticket Prices
- Ticket Prices depend on what package you are opting for. Check the website for details.
How To reach Desafio Adventure Company by Public Transport
- Close to city centre, which is well connected to buses from San Jose and other nearby towns.
Restaurants Near Desafio Adventure Company
- Restaurante Lava Lounge
- Hotel Luigis
- Burger King
- Restaurante La Cascada
- Restaurante La Parada
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in La Fortuna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in La Fortuna and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Desafio Adventure Company
95% of people who visit La Fortuna include Desafio Adventure Company in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
35.21% of people start their Desafio Adventure Company visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Desafio Adventure Company
93.57% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Desafio Adventure Company
Desafio Adventure Company Map
Desafio Adventure Company Trips
1 View9 Days 8 Nights9 Day Trip to Monteverde, La Fortuna, Cahuita from Saint-laurentBy: Guest UserCity: La Fortuna, Monteverde, Cahuita
Desafio Adventure Company, La Fortuna Reviews
We did the white water rafting with this company, it was a very good experience. The guides were really good and you have to leave all your baggage in the van when doing the rafting. We had our passports in our bags but everything went really smooth. They offered pineapple and water melon at the end of rafting and it was delicious, dont miss the opportunity to take a bite. After the rafting they took us for lunch and it was local food. It was very delicious. We would love to do it again.
Fun group of guides on our whitewater rafting experience. They make everyone feel safe, training on shore before going in. Accidents can happen, but it seemed like safety was the main concern both before and during the action. Spotters in kayaks are with the boats and other boats generally stay within sight of each other. A brief fruit snack stop at the side of the river where a few random cattle were stopped for a drink was welcome before the last few rapids. A little chance to chat with other adventurers or just have a stretch to better enjoy the last few minutes on the water. The rapids you face will depend which river you ride.
I cannot say enough nice things about this company. We bought two tours through Desafio. 1) Canyoning and 2) ziplining in monteverde. 1) Canyoning - this is a must do adventure while in costa rica. The guides are extremely helpful and very knowledgeable. We were able to do rapple many waterfalls. post adventure you are provided a lunch which is unforgivable. it was by far the best meal we had while we were in costa rica. 2) Zip lining - the drive to get upto monteverde is quite treacherous. Its dirt and gravel roads. I would be extremely careful if it is raining. Once you get up there though you realize that the adventure is worth the drive and time. The zip lines were great with amazing views of the rainforest. the tanzan swing was freaking amazing. lastly Greg helped us book our tour and gave us a great deal. Thank you for the memories.
We had the best time in Costa Rica and much of that was due to our experience with Desafio. I booked all of our transfers (Liberia Airport to Tabacon in La Fortuna then out to Guanacaste for the second half of our trip before back to the airport) and the mambo combo tour which included waterfall rappelling (canyoneering) and white water rafting (2s and 3s). The booking process couldn't have been easier- great communication and all via email, just the way I like it! Kendall, aka Avatar, was our lead guide for the mambo combo tour and an absolute pleasure. The waterfall rappelling was a real treat and likely the best part of our trip. Very much enjoyed the rafting as well - but the pictures, they're worth it and super reasonable! Caught Kendall posing for a few in the back of the raft while all of us look so serious - made for some good laughs when back home thumbing through pics. The food was great as well. Our trip started with a 6:20am pick up. Desafio provided breakfast burritos after the rappelling, fresh watermelon and pineapple during a rafting stop and the best meal of our entire trip at lunch to wrap up the day. A big thank you to Kendall and everyone else for making our trip so memorable! Highly recommend and when we're back in the area, you can bet we know who we're calling to take care of us!
We did the Hanging Bridges nature walk and it was fantastic!! We saw a coati, agouti, eyelash viper, tarantula, hummingbirds, a couple species of motmot (including a nesting pair), and a tarantula hawk (which I hope never to see again). Our guide, Joshua, was very knowledgeable, and excellent at spotting via telescope. He was also very adept at taking camera-phone pictures through the telescope, so got some amazing pics. The walk was not too difficult (and I am very unfit, so for someone of a healthy weight/fitness it would probably rank about a 4/10... I get winded on two flights of stairs and would call it a 7/10). At the end of our hike we were provided some drinks, as well as some pineapple and watermelon which were very juicy and sweet. Would highly recommend to anyone!