Proyecto AsisCurrently Closed
- Address: La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park 4400, Costa Rica
- Timings: 08:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +506-24759121
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Trail, Safari, Educational Site, Tour, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Nature, Bird Watching
Proyecto Asis - Review
Proyecto Asis is one of the most well-known sites in La Fortuna. It is essentially a wildlife shelter and environmental education centre. It is famous for housing wild animals that have either been wounded, given up or rescued from the black market, and they are cared for and nursed back to health. There are daily tours to explore the Proyecto Asis, where visitors can see the animals and birds that have found a new home here.
Visitors can go on a guided tour, which begins with a brief introduction to Proyecto Asis. Then the tourists are taken on a nature trail, stopping in front of each animal enclosure to learn about them, where they are from, and what their stories are. These stories are the ones that make the animals that stay in the care of Proyecto Asis so compelling. In fact, this tour gives you the unique opportunity to not only see these animals, but interact with them as well.
For a complete Costa Rican experience, visitors can even opt for an all-inclusive home stay and tour, where they can volunteer in helping the animals out. They will be hosted by a carefully screened authentic Costa Rican family, who will provide you with the best food and hospitality the country has to offer.
Proyecto Asis may not seem like much at first glance, but don’t be deceived. There is good reason behind it being one of the most consistently top ranked attractions around La Fortuna, and that is because it isn’t just a tourist spot- it is an eye opener for everyone who visits, and a once in a lifetime chance to interact with some truly remarkable animals.
Proyecto Asis Information
- Proyecto Asis does not provide transportation. Due to this, you will have to make your own travel arrangements.
- If you’re volunteering, there will be a lot of hands on work, including feeding and taking good care of the animals.
- Tours and volunteering begin for the day at 8:30 sharp.
- You must reserve a spot for the tour or the package deal at least one day in advance.
Proyecto Asis Opening and Closing Hours
- Guided tours begin at 8:30 AM and 1:30 PM.
Restaurants Near Proyecto Asis
- Restaurante Don Rufino
- Restaurante El Rio
- Dos Ruffinos
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in La Fortuna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in La Fortuna and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Proyecto Asis
94.04% of people who visit La Fortuna include Proyecto Asis in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
44.21% of people start their Proyecto Asis visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Proyecto Asis
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Proyecto Asis
Proyecto Asis Map
Proyecto Asis Trips
Proyecto Asis, La Fortuna Reviews
The highlight of our trip. Our very young kids (5 and 3.5) we're bored during the initial encounter, but had the time it their lives during the animal feeding. Our guide, Carlos, was personable and knowledgeable. Above all, Carlos was passionate about educating the public. Great time and a great cause, give them a look. Note that they do not allow flip flops, bring closed shoes.
Excellent wildlife experience. The volunteer portion of the tour provided the opportunity to hand-feed monkeys and birds and other animals in the rescue center. It was extra cost, but enhanced the experience greatly, and should not be missed. Knowledgeable and friendly guide; family-friendly.
This place was very interesting. They take in rescue animals and try to release then into the wild after helping them. They had tons of monkeys and birds and pigs. We really wanted to see a sloth but apparently they acclimate to the wild really fast so they aren't there very long. The guide was very set in educating us to not ever get a wild or exotic animal as a pet. We received that message loud and clear! The kids loved holding the monkey's hand!
Very informative and they have a great staff. Carlos was an excellent guide. Sad to hear how people had originally treated these animals, but it's amazing what Proyecto Asis now offers for these animals. Great place to see animals and to support a good cause.
They are very passionate about the animals that they rescue. We got to see a good variety of wildlife saved and working towards rehabilitation. I'm glad that we were able to support their cause.
All QuestionsProyecto asis
- Dom Katechetyczny
- Muzeum Im. A. Kłosińskiego
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najdroższej Krwi Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka P.w. Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka. Wikarówka
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Małgorzaty I Katarzyny
- Łukasz Błaszków
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka Pw. Swiętej Małgorzaty I Świętej Katarzyny
- Dworzec Autobusowy
- Rejestracja Video Flisowski Stefan
- Urząd Miasta - Naczelnik Skierniewice
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Garnizonowa Wniebowzięcia NMP
- Miejski Ośrodek Kultury
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Jakuba Apostoła
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa