Museo Civico Amedeo Lia, La Spezia
About Museo Civico Amedeo Lia, La Spezia
Museo Civico Amedeo Lia, La Spezia - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Via del Prione, 234, 19121 La Spezia SP, Italy
Ticket Price: 8 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 13.9K times in trip plans
Art Museum, Museum, Historical Site, Exhibition , Specialty Museum, Heritage Building
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Amadeo Lia was a renowned collector who lived in La Spezia; this museum houses his life’s work. The building it is in used to be a friar’s convent, then a military hospital. Currently, the museum is host to a wide variety of historical objects; these include paintings, jewellery, furniture, and interior decoration such as glassworks. The Renaissance collection is especially spectacular. The rooms within the collection are as follows:
- Room I: liturgical objects
- Room II: thumbnails
- Room III: The archaeological antiquarium
- Room IV: The funds gold
- Room V: The paintings of the fifteenth century
- Room VI: The paintings of the sixteenth century
- Room VII: The portraits
- Room VIII: Foreigners
- Room IX: The paintings of the seventeenth century
- Room X: The Eighteenth Century
- Room XI: Sculptures in bronze and marble
- Room XII: Glasses, terracotta and faience
- Room XIII: The Nature Morte
Museo Civico Amedeo Lia Information
- The ticket office closes at 5.30 pm.
- No flash photography
- No smoking
- Large items such as umbrellas must be deposited in the cloakroom.
Museo Civico Amedeo Lia Ticket Prices
Discounted ticket € 4.50
- Groups from 7 to 25 people
- 14 – 18 year olds
- University students not entitled to free admission
Discounted ticket € 3.50
- 6-13 years old
- University students enrolled in the faculties of Architecture, Letters and Philosophy or the Fine Arts Academy, or attending schools of specialisation or doctorates in these same disciplinary areas
- People with birthdays on the same day as their museum visit .
How To reach Museo Civico Amedeo Lia by Public Transport
- Buses Bivio Montalbano, La Foce (Sp), San Rocco, Sarbia, Valdurasca, Via Dei Colli, 13, 16, stop San Giorgio
- Buses 1, 3, 6, stop Mercato Nord
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in La Spezia before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in La Spezia and book an accommodation of your choice.
Museo Civico Amedeo Lia, La Spezia Reviews - Write a Review
Beautiful Renaissance collection nicely completed with 17th and 18th century work from all over Europe. Friendly staff and tour. The toilets however are to be avoided: light doesn't work and cleaning is not up to level.
Il museo si può visitare in poco tempo (1,5 ore); le opere sono meritevoli, anche di autori noti. Mal illuminata la sala dei bronzetti.
Grazie al lasciato di un mecenate questo museo espone opere molto interessanti e preziose.
Museo in centro, con reperti storici molto interessanti. Consiglio di visitarlo
Un piccolo museo con opere di alta qualità,visitato in occasione della mostra l'elogio alla bellezza ne sono rimasto letteralmente affascinato .