Mt Katao, LachungCurrently Open
- Address: Lachung, Gangtok, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Mountain, View Point, Tour, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Adventure, Nature
About Mt Katao, Lachung
Mount Katao is a well known place amongst the tourists for adventurous activities like snowboarding, skiing, snow tubing and stone grinding. In order to visit this mountain one should get an army permit. A tour can be arranged from Lachung at a nominal price. Mt. Katao is almost 28 kilometers from Lachung. It offers a beautiful scenic view and is a treasure for nature photography lovers.
Mt Katao Information
- Carry some extra warm clothes.
- A camera to capture some real good pictures.
- Invest in some good trekking shoes.
- Don't tress-pass as the place is controlled by Indian Army.
- Don't indulge in any suspicious activity.
- Roads are dangerous and not recommended for aged people or infants.
Mt Katao Opening and Closing Hours
- Visit should be planned as per the permission of the Army.
How To reach Mt Katao by Public Transport
- Can hire a jeep or a car from Lachung.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Lachung before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lachung and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Mt Katao
16.91% of people who visit Lachung include Mt Katao in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
43.67% of people start their Mt Katao visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Mt Katao
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mt Katao