Shingba Rhododendron SanctuaryCurrently Open
- Address: Lachung Valley, Gangtok, India Map
- Timings: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Park, View Point, Family And Kids, Valley, Nature
Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary is a nature park with almost forty species of rhododendron trees. Located in the Yumtang Valley in North Sikkim. The sanctuary is surrounded with high rocky Chuba-Sagochen mountain ranges on the east and Chomzomei Tso mountain which lasts up to Lava pass on the west. The valley offers a spectacular view of the Yumtang Chu river flowing across the valley. The visit to the sanctuary can be combined with Mount Katao and Yumtang valley. It is almost 24 kilometres from Lachung.
Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary Travel Tips
- Carry a camera to capture the natural beauty.
- Roads are dangerous and not recommended for aged people or infants.
- Invest in some good trekking shoes.
How to Reach Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary
- Can hire a jeep or a car.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lachung before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lachung and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary Address: Lachung Valley, Gangtok, India
- Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary Timing: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Best time to visit Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary(preferred time): 08:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
69.89% of people who visit Lachung include Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
43.4% of people start their Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary
People normally club together Zero Point and Lachung Monastery while planning their visit to Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary.