Centro Ciencia Viva De Lagos19 Votes Currently Open
- Address: R. Dr. Faria e Silva 34, 8600-315 Lagos, Portugal
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +351-282770000
- Ticket Price: 3 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Science Museums, Family And Kids
The Viva de Lagos Science Centre is designed to tease the curious brains of children and with exhibits that touch navigation and invention, the place is perfect to spend a day with your child. The exhibits combine history, science and technology. The entrance to the centre welcomes you with a breath-taking view of the ocean, the beach and the marina.
The permanent exhibitions include “From the Astrolabe to the GPS”- that combines past discoveries and a demo submarine to climb into (complete with with sonar and a periscope!). A small playground area with the science garden including an outdoor lighthouse, a water play area and a fun weight lifting apparatus offer a range of activities for children.
For those who love the outdoors, the science centre arranges geological tours that cover some of the most popular sights in the Algarve region. The tours include spotting Dinosaur Tracks in Salema and Santas beaches and studying the Geology and Palaeontology of Luz Beach.
If you love sightseeing, opt for the urban walks and heritage tours that include visiting urban churches, monuments and buildings and the corresponding inter-relation between the history, geology and architecture of these places.
Entrance Ticket Details For Centro Ciencia Viva De Lagos
- Children under 6 years: free
- Children 6 - 17 years: Euros 1.50
- Over 17 years: Euros 3
- Student card and young card: Euros 1.50
- People with Special Needs: Euros 1.50
- Seniors (+ 65 years): Euros 1.50
- Family Ticket 1 (up to 2 adults with children under 17): Euros 7
- Family Pack 2 (Family Ticket + Workshop - one of the following): Euros 11
For other prices visit the official website.
How to Reach Centro Ciencia Viva De Lagos
- By Taxi
- By Renting a Bike.
- By Walking
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lagos before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lagos and book an accommodation of your choice.