How to Reach Lagos
Lagos is a favorite holiday destination to many people from around the world, and it is well-connected by the main cities in Portugal by different transport systems.
- By Air: Lagos is a small city and doesn’t have its own airport. The nearest airport to Lagos is the Faro Airport which is only 75 kilometers from Lagos. Many Europeans prefer to take this route. You will get many cheap flights to Lagos from Manchester, Gatwick, Luton and Stansted airports. You will also get some good flights from the regional airports of UK. The European and UK citizens do not need a visa to enter Lagos.
- By Train: Traveling by train to Lagos is fun as it offers many beautiful scenes of the long coastline of Southern Portugal. You can get a train to Lagos from Lisbon, the historic capital of Portugal. There are fast intercity trains as well as regional trains running between Lisbon and Faro. You can choose between the luxurious Alfa Pendular and the cheaper Intercity Trains. Make sure that you book train tickets 30 days in advance.
- By Road: There are many private companies offering excellent bus service to Lagos. The buses are available at different times of every day from Lisbon to Lagos and other cities in Algarve and vice versa. It takes about 4 hours to reach Lagos from Lisbon by bus. The buses generally leave from Oriente bus station or Sete Rios bus station where you can purchase the bus tickets, or you can also go for online ticket booking.
- On Foot: As Lagos is well-maintained roads and cobbled pathways, many tourists prefer to explore the city on foot.
- By Taxi: Lagos is small, and it is recommended that you take a tour of the city by walking on the golden coastline. But the city also offers a good taxi service.