Igreja De Santa Maria13 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Praça Infante D. Henrique, Lagos, Algarve, 8600-315 Lagos, Portugal Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +351-282762723
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
The original Church of Santa Maria dates back to the 15th and 16th century and was restored in the 18th century. After a fire broke out, the church was rebuilt in the 19th century using whatever was left behind from the original structure (the entrance was one of the few things that was left undamaged). To the south of church you can see a restored wall that dates back to the reigns of Manuel I and Joao III.
Today, the church is one of the most beautiful structures around Lagos and is famous for the mural art that depicts a battle between angels. The art work around the church is stunning and includes the gorgeous 18th century image of Menino Jesus Rei.
The church consists of a single nave with a main altar that grabs your attention straight away. The arched nave with the altar is minimal yet elegantly embellished and along with the beautiful statues, the background of painted glass that depicts angels and a tranquil ambience, the church is the perfect place to spend some time during your stay in Lagos.
Entrance Ticket Details For Igreja De Santa Maria
- Admission to the place is Free.
How to Reach Igreja De Santa Maria
- By Taxi
- By Renting a Bike.
- By Walking
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lagos before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lagos and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Igreja De Santa Maria Address: Praça Infante D. Henrique, Lagos, Algarve, 8600-315 Lagos, Portugal
- Igreja De Santa Maria Contact Number: +351-282762723
- Igreja De Santa Maria Timing: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Best time to visit Igreja De Santa Maria(preferred time): 09:30 am - 11:30 am
- Time required to visit Igreja De Santa Maria: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!