Lacassine National Wildlife Refuge11 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 209 Nature Rd, Lake Arthur, LA 70549, USA, United States Map
- Phone: +1-3377745923
- Tags: Wildlife Park, Family And Kids
Established for the purpose of providing safe grounds for the breeding of migratory birds, Lacassine National Wildlife Refuge came into being in the year 1937. Today, it covers an area of 35,000 acres. Over the years, the vegetation has grown and become more diverse, which is the primary reason for the growing population of the birds! Freshwater marsh, moist soil fields, trees, shrubs and a number of rice wheat and soybean plantations make this a haven for birds. Some of the species that you will get to observe here include ibis, egrets, and spoonbills. A number of species of ducks and geese have made this wilderness their home, as have a number of other animals including alligators, raccoons and otters. Don’t forget to carry your camera on your visit here!
More about Lake Arthur
Create a flawless plan, make use of Lake Arthur trip planner.
If you want to add the visit to Lacassine National Wildlife Refuge in your trip, you can choose from the variety of Lake Arthur vacation packages that can be designed to suit your preferences. These packages also cover your major concern of how to reach Lake Arthur.
How to Reach Lacassine National Wildlife Refuge
- Rented cars
- Lacassine National Wildlife Refuge Address: 209 Nature Rd, Lake Arthur, LA 70549, USA, United States
- Lacassine National Wildlife Refuge Contact Number: +1-3377745923
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!