Lanai Tourism

Visit Lanai - Best of Lanai

Lānaʻi (/ləˈnaɪ/; Hawaiian: [laːˈnɐʔi] or [naːˈnɐʔi]) is the sixth-largest of the Hawaiian Islands and the smallest publicly accessible inhabited island in the chain. It is also known as Pineapple Island because of its past as an island-wide pineapple plantation. The island's only settlement of note is the small town of Lānaʻi City. As of 2012, the island was 98% owned by Larry Ellison (Founder and Chairman of Oracle), with the remaining 2% owned by the state of Hawaii. Lānaʻi is a roughly comma-shaped island with a width of 18 miles (29 km) in the longest direction. The land area is 140.5 square miles (364 km2), making it the 42nd largest island in the United States. It is separated from the island of Molokaʻi by the Kalohi Channel to the north, and from Maui by the ʻAuʻau Channel to the east. The United States Census Bureau defines Lānaʻi as Census Tract 316 of Maui County. Its total population shrank from 3,193 as of the 2000 census to 3,102 as of 2010. Many of the island's landmarks are accessible only by dirt roads that require a four-wheel drive vehicle. There is one school, Lanai High and Elementary School, serving the entire island from kindergarten through 12th grade. There are no traffic lights on the island.

Wikipedia

Is Lanai in United States on your travel bucket list? This online travel guide is all you need to have before planning your trip. A gripping city on its own right, Haleakala National Park also deserves a visit. Attractions in Haleakala National Park include Haleakala Crater, Pipiwai Trail, Kipahulu Campground. Also, to reach Lanai, you'll have to take a flight to Haleakala National Park; so its not really a detour. And even if it is, the city is worth paying at least a quick visit. Get in the character of the city, this city requires at least of 1 to 2 number of days of exploration.

More about Lanai

Explore the travel itinerary planning tool for your visit to Lanai and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!

Facts and Stats for Lanai*

  • Cost for Essentials in Lanai

    Here's how much it will cost to shop in Lanai

    • International Movie per seat 7 USD
    • Summer clothing in a chain store 40 USD
    • Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 65 USD
    • Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 60 USD

*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced ​and subjected to change without notice.

* Some of the data on this page is powered by Numbeo
0