Central Market, Lancaster
About Central Market, Lancaster
Central Market, Lancaster - Address, Phone Number
Address: 23 N Market St, Lancaster, PA 17603, USA
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 06:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
Added 37 times in trip plans
Market, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
One of the best places to get the freshest food and Pennsylvania is the Central Market in Lancaster. Housed in a 120-year old red brick building, this is the oldest farmer’s market and has been the meeting point of the Lancaster citizens for around 300 years. Among the list of things sold here are the farm products, a range of meats and fish, snacks and breakfasts, breads, sweets, baked products, ethnic cuisines, grocery and local craft items. Among the specialities here are the Pennsylvania Dutch sausages and hard cheeses. Do not forget to try the various pickles like chowchow and butter pickles. Some of the tastes may be new, but they are heavenly nonetheless.
Central Market Information
- Do check out the local crafts available in this market.
- Earlier you visit, fresher the produce.
How To reach Central Market by Public Transport
- You can hire a car/bicycle/buggy to get here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Lancaster before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lancaster and book an accommodation of your choice.
Central Market, Lancaster Reviews - Write a Review
Great market! Hosts a great variety of different local companies! From fruits and veggies to sweets and prepared foods and a deli! It does get way too crowded if there are a lot of tourists usually on Saturdays!
love this place. pretty much anything you want, you can find here
Great prices for foods
- Nearby Attractions
- Jason's Woods
- Village Greens Miniature Golf
- National Christmas Center
- Mt. Gretna Lake & Beach
- Keystone Art & Culture Center
- Leisure Bowling & Golfing Center
- That Bounce Place
- Lancaster County Convention Center
- The Ware Center
- The Pottery Works
- Lancaster Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Lancaster
- What to See in 48 Hours in Lancaster
- What to See in 72 Hours in Lancaster
- How to Spend 5 Days in Lancaster
- How to Spend 6 Days in Lancaster
- How to Spend 7 Days in Lancaster