Demuth Museum , Lancaster
About Demuth Museum , Lancaster
Demuth Museum , Lancaster - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 120 E King St, Lancaster, PA 17602, USA
Ticket Price: 2 USD
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
Added 1.2K times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Charles Demuth was the most famous painter to call Lancaster home. Though he shuttled between New York and Lancaster most of his life, his paintings will tell you that this Pennsylvanian town was his inspiration for art. His ‘My Egypt’ Collection was inspired by the grain elevators in Lancaster. Demuth is said to have created most of his works at his King Street home. His studio overlooked his mother’s garden, his most important inspiration for paintings. Most of his works are done with watercolours and modernists are amazed by the simplicity and beauty of his strokes on paper. The Demuth Museum showcases his artworks and educate young artists about the intricacy of Demuth’s Museum. Young artists are also invited to create their own artworks with Demuth’s paintings as inspiration.
Demuth Museum Information
- The museum is closed for installation between exhibitions. It is best to check their events calendar before planning a visit.
- The museum is closed in the month of January.
How To reach Demuth Museum by Public Transport
- You can hire a car/bicycle/buggy to get here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Lancaster before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lancaster and book an accommodation of your choice.
Demuth Museum , Lancaster Reviews - Write a Review
Very historical lancaster hidden gem
Small but free.
- Nearby Attractions
- Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre
- Lapp Valley Farms
- Cork Factory Hotel
- The Fridge
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
- The Beadworks
- Lancaster Central Market
- Jason's Woods
- Lancaster Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Lancaster
- What to See in 48 Hours in Lancaster
- What to See in 72 Hours in Lancaster
- How to Spend 5 Days in Lancaster
- How to Spend 6 Days in Lancaster
- How to Spend 7 Days in Lancaster