Lancaster celebrates all the standard national holidays of Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, New Year etc.
- Fire and Ice Festival: Downtown block party, winter carnival, chili cook-off and dodgeball tournament in February.
- Mud Sales: Volunteer ire companies taking care of Lancaster and nearby areas raise funds by auctioning goods and local products in March every year.
- Easter Bunny Trains and Egg Hunt: Ride through the farmlands in spring and participate in the various egg hunts in town. Held in April every year.
- World Night Market: Takes place in May every year. This event celebrates the culture, food and festival of the countries that the Mennonite Economic Development Associates works in.
- Terre Hill Days: Exhibition of local art and craft items in Terre Hill Community Park in July. Great food, games and carnival rides for visitors.
- Reading Fair: Celebrate the Amish summer with food, rides, entertainment and races in August.
- Dutch Winter Wonderland: Themed rides, Holiday treats, Royal Light Show in December.