How to Reach Lancaster
- By Air: Southern Express Airways operates between Lancaster airport and cities like Baltimore, Washington DC, and Pittsburgh. You can also land at the Smoketown Airport which serves chartered flights. You can hire a car at the airport to get to Lancaster town.
- By Rail: Lancaster Amtrak Station is situated in the centre of town. Daily trains from Harrisburg, New York City, Pittsburgh arrive here.
- By Road: Highways I-76, and US 222 pass by Lancaster. As you approach the town, you are likely to spot buggies on the road. Be careful when driving past them.
- By Buggy: Those who want to have the true Lancaster experience can hire a horse-drawn buggy to move around town and nearby areas.
- By Car: Hiring a car is the best way to move around Lancaster town.
- On Foot: If you are spending the day in the main town area, you can ditch your vehicle and walk around.
- By Bicycle: Consider this option only if you are a regular bicycler. The town is situated in a hilly area so you may find yourself exhausted after a day on the bicycle.
- By Bus: The Red Rose Transit Authority operates buses on 18 routes in and around Lancaster. Keep in mind, the service closes by 6pm and there are often delays.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Lancaster. The most preferred mode of transport in Lancaster is Car.
Average distance: 36.93 km Average time: 28.75 min
Car 100%Driving 28.75 min Overall average time for 36.93 kms 28.75 min
|Lititz to Lancaster||3.08 km||3 mins|
|Ephrata to Lancaster||14.57 km||14 mins|
|Parkville to Lancaster||31.21 km||31 mins|
|Baltimore to Lancaster||39.23 km||39 mins|
|Cockeysville to Lancaster||40.29 km||40 mins|
|York to Lancaster||46.99 km||46 mins|
|Catonsville to Lancaster||51.98 km||51 mins|
|Downingtown to Lancaster||66.94 km||1 hour 6 mins|
|Boyertown to Lancaster||74.81 km||1 hour 14 mins|
|Palmerton to Lancaster||79.79 km||1 hour 19 mins|