Woodward Hill Cemetery3 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Lancaster, PA 17603, USA, United States Map
- Timings: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-7173925581
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Cemetery, Family And Kids
Established in 1852, the Woodward Hill Cemetery is the final resting place of President James Buchanan. His grave is in the south-eastern corner of the cemetery. Most of Lancaster’s influential in the past have been buried here. While walking past the graves, you are likely to find those of Peter T. Watt, John Andrew Shulze along with several members of the Steinman family. In 2005, this cemetery as listed on the National Register of Historic Places. There are around 13750 graves spread over 30 acres here. Sprinkled amongst the final resting places are many obelisks and mausoleums that depict the period in which they were constructed. The graves are also covered with funerary art and symbols that play an important role in telling the cultural significance of Lancaster over the ages.
Woodward Hill Cemetery Travel Tips
- Be respectful if there is a service happening during your visit.
How to Reach Woodward Hill Cemetery
- You can hire a car/bicycle/buggy to get here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lancaster before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lancaster and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Woodward Hill Cemetery Address: Lancaster, PA 17603, USA, United States
- Woodward Hill Cemetery Contact Number: +1-7173925581
- Woodward Hill Cemetery Timing: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Best time to visit Woodward Hill Cemetery(preferred time): 07:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Time required to visit Woodward Hill Cemetery: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.56% of people who visit Lancaster include Woodward Hill Cemetery in their plan
95% of people start their Woodward Hill Cemetery visit around 08 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Woodward Hill Cemetery
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Woodward Hill Cemetery
People normally also visit The Amish Farm And House while planning their trip to Woodward Hill Cemetery.