Langkawi Island Tourism
Fondly called as Jewel of Kedah, this archipelago of 99 islands in the Andaman Sea is one of the tourist’s favourite beach destinations. Take an island tour of Langkawi and you are definitely mesmerised! This Malaysian group of islands has exotic beaches, yummy Malaysian food and adventure sports like snorkelling for the likes of the hobos. A nature’s priced enclave, Pulau Langkawi has abundant natural beauty, the beaches, waterfalls, marine parks and geo parks that safely behold natural gems. Travel to Pulau Langkawi is must for nature lovers. You can add many things to do and attractions in your trip to Pulau Langkawi.
Once, a haven for pirates, Langkawi is a heaven for tourists across the world, today! There is a lot to explore and experience in Langkawi as it has a treasure of attractions. Kids, newlywed couples, senior citizens, backpackers, families, Langkawi will surely keep everyone engaged. The World Geopark is iconic in its own sense and is already an UNESCO World Heritage List. You can also indulge in some water sports with numerous activities like deep sea diving. You can also live some lavish moments by hiring a cruise. So, what you’re waiting for? Plan your travel, book your tickets and moreover, go this fully fledged trip guide of Langkawi Island.
Essential travel information and Langkawi Island tips for your visit
- Time Zone: MST (UTC+8)
- Currency: Malaysian Ringgit
- Electricity and Internet: Voltage: 220-240 Volts. Primary Socket Type: British BS-1363. The average internet speed is 5 megabits per second (Mbps) and it is considered as one of the slowest and expensive internet in the world.
- Police / Ambulance : 999 / 112
- Fire and Rescue Department: 994 / 112
- Civil Defence: 991
- Tipping: There is no tipping culture followed in Malaysia. You can leave some change behind but it is not compulsory.
- If you are renting a drive-yourself car or a motorbike to get around, beware of the traffic, drive carefully and carry your driver’s license at all times.
- Stay hydrated to beat the heat.
- Always carry mosquito repellents and medicines for curing Jellyfish stings.
Langkawi Island Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Langkawi Island. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Langkawi Island trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Langkawi Island
Save 5%Private Langkawi Tour with SkyBridge, Langkawi Cable Car
4 Hrs7 Reviews
Save 7%One-Way Ferry Ticket from Langkawi to Penang with Hotel TransferNew on TripHobo
2 Hrs 30 Mins
Save 4%Private Tour : Full Day Langkawi Exploration with Cable Car RideNew on TripHobo
Save 4%Langkawi Mangrove Forest and Cave Exploring Tour
3 Hrs1 Reviews
Private Transfer : Langkawi Airport ArrivalNew on TripHobo