Gunung Machinchang, Langkawi IslandCurrently Open
- Address: Gunung Raya, 07000 Langkawi, Kedah, Malaysia, Langkawi Island
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Mountain, View Point, Family And Kids, Adventure, Cable Car
About Gunung Machinchang, Langkawi Island
Gunung Mat Cincang is the second highest mountain in Langkawi- standing tall at 850m high. The famous cable car is nestled in the Gunung Mat Cincang that is used to reach the Sky-bridge.
It is fabled that during a fight between two giants who threw pots and pans at each other, Ayer Hangat, Kuah town and Belanga Pecah were formed. Soon after the giants calmed down, they wanted to make-up for the destruction and turned themselves into these two mountains- Gunung Mat Cincang and its neighbour Gunung Raya.
Today, the mountain is loved for its view of the whole Island, its surrounding lush greenery and its easy-to-access pathway by taking a ride in the Cable-car.
Gunung Machinchang Information
- Carry bottled water and snacks.
Gunung Machinchang Ticket Prices
Sky Cab Prices:
- Adult: RM 45.00 (international per pax)
- Children: RM 32.00 (international per pax)
- Adult: RM 30 (with Mykad per pax)
- Children: RM 22 (with Mykad per pax)
Price for Sky Bridge:
- Adult: RM 5.00
- Children: RM 3.00
Gunung Machinchang Opening and Closing Hours
- Langkawi Sky Cab: 9:30 am to 7:00 pm on weekdays, weekends, school holiday and public holiday.
How To reach Gunung Machinchang by Public Transport
- By Taxi
- By Car/ Bike/ Scooter
- By Bicycle
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Langkawi Island before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Langkawi Island and book an accommodation of your choice.