Underwater World, Langkawi Island
About Underwater World, Langkawi Island
Underwater World, Langkawi Island - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Pantai Cenang, 07000 Langkawi, Kedah, Malaysia
Ticket Price: 43 MYR
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 30.2K times in trip plans
Aquarium, Family And Kids, Tunnel, Bird Watching
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Spread over 6.2 acres on a alluring beach of Patai Cenang, Underwater world Langkawi, also known as UWL is a huge freshwater aquarium in Asia. It is a home to 4000 varieties of fish and different 500 species displayed in more than 100 tanks.
This is the largest aquarium in Malaysia and the visitors can observe the animals, birds and inhabitants or the Sub-Antarctic, temperate, tropical rainforest regions.
A gigantic hexagonal tank that can accommodate 600,000 liters of sea water is a huge attraction. Sharks, stingrays and other sea creatures can be observed from the laminated glass tunnel. There is also a representation of various ecosystems like tropical rainforests, temperate and sub-Antarctic. Underwater penguin tunnel is a great way to observe swimming penguins.
The shopping centre and cafe are also a good pastime on your visit.
Visitors throughout the year flock to this freshwater aquarium to get a glimpse of its 4000 varieties of fish. Not surprisingly the Underwater World Tickets are often sold out. Tickets for Underwater World can be availed on site or their official website. However, to get some great deals buy tickets for Underwater World from our tickets section. Underwater World ticket prices vary as per age, in terms of children, adults and senior citizens. The Underwater World ticket price is unexpectedly very reasonable, adding to the delight of this wonderful place.
Underwater World Information
- Photography is allowed free of cost but switching off the camera flash is mandatory.
- Facilities like ramp walks, wheelchairs are available for handicapped visitors.
Underwater World Ticket Prices
- Adults: RM43 (without MyKad) / RM33 (with MyKad)
- Children (3-12 years old): RM33 (without MyKad) / RM23 (with MyKad)
- Malaysian Senior Citizens (50 years old & above): RM26 (with MyKad)
Underwater World Opening and Closing Hours
- Exhibitions/Display: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Public/School Holidays: 09:30 am - 06:30 pm
- The animal feeding session takes place every day at 11:00 am, 11:15 am, 02:30 pm, 02:45 pm, 03:00 pm and 03:30 pm for different species.
How To reach Underwater World by Public Transport
- Hired car, taxi and Jetty.
Restaurants Near Underwater World
- Neptune cafe
- The Cliff Restaurant & Bar
- Spice market restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Langkawi Island before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Langkawi Island and book an accommodation of your choice.
Underwater World, Langkawi Island Reviews - Write a Review
Mahal tapi koleksi sedikit dan kecil tempatnya. Pertama datang membayangkan tempat yang luasss fg fauna yang bervariasi. Ternyata hanya ada beberapa saja. Tiket masuk 40 myr. Cukup mahal. Bahkan hopping island hanya 35 myr. Kalau ada planning destinasi lain, kesini bisa dilewati saja
We want during the public holiday. But it's worth a visit . Non Malaysia resident pay a higher entrance fees . A variety of fishes and corals. Interesting .
They have penguin here! Watched the seal feeding show, this seal would swim around or jump high or "waving" at audience just for food. Looks silly for me. They're supposed to live freely at the outside world. Aquarium or Zoo, not sure if this is right act. Would only visit for education purpose. Visited here OCT 2017, Malaysian Student price RM29.
Quite a great place if you manage to catch the feeding times. It's recommended to go at lunch time for this. They house many exotic geckos, a few birds, many penguins, and a lot of marine life. The penguin display is especially great as you get to walk under the aquarium. Entrance fees is 46 for foreigners and 36 for locals. You can go through the entire display casually within an hour. There's Marry Brown's and a cafeteria inside.
The variety is small, we liked the seal and penguins, there were very attractive, the penguins are large in number, they were active and placed in a huge glass 'cage'. The tickets are pricy (for the locals) but worth it especially for kids. The is also place seem to be well maintained, and kept clean. The other sub-activities which requires addition ticket purchasing are the Typhoon stimulator - lousy! and the glass maze - entertaining. The exit is through a small shop, which is a 'trap' if you are travelling with kids 😉
- Nearby Attractions
- Langkasuka Port
- Saff Watersports Jet Ski Tour, Langkawi
- Pulau Rebak Besar
- Sri Maha Mariamman Devasthanam
- Pantai Kok
- Guo Feng Trading
- B N Z Sempoy's Nasi Campur
- T Star Cottage Langkawi
- Malaysian Handicraft Development Corporation-faizy Kristal
- True Jesus Church (alor Setar, Kedah)
- Langkawi Island Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Langkawi Island
- What to See in 48 Hours in Langkawi Island
- What to See in 72 Hours in Langkawi Island
- How to Spend 5 Days in Langkawi Island
- How to Spend 6 Days in Langkawi Island
- How to Spend 7 Days in Langkawi Island