Situated in the state of Uttarakhand, Lansdowne is one of the serene and unspoiled hill stations in India. If you are looking for a place that is away from all the buzzing noises of the city and unwind to your heart's fullest, then Lansdowne should definitely go into your bucket list. Colonized by the British architecture and wonderful green landscapes, Lansdowne is a perfect holiday destination to breathe in some fresh, unpolluted air. Set at a height of 1,700 meters above the sea level, the climate in Lansdowne is ideal for exploring all year round and includes activities like trekking, boating, and bird watching.
Go on a picnic to the popular tourist and local spot of Bhulla lake that is well maintained complete with the facility to go boating. Get adventurous by booking for a jungle safari amidst the wilderness. Admire the gorgeous scenic views of the skyline of the Himalayan range of mountains from the viewpoint of Tip N Top. And be sure to visit the serene Tarkeshwar Mahadev Temple.
Given the location of Lansdowne, the place has been a popular weekend destination for the people of Delhi. This is their chance of escaping from the polluted city and spend some amazing time embracing the Mother Nature.
Essential travel information and Lansdowne tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Indian Standard Time (IST). UTC/GMT +5.30hours.
- Currency: Currency used in Lansdowne is Indian Rupees (INR).
- Electricity: The standard electrical voltage in Lansdowne is 220-240 Volts and 50 Hertz alternating current. The power socket type used is of type D. Check your electrical devices for their voltage consumption and use adapters if necessary.
- Internet: There aren't any free Wi-Fi zones inside the hill station. Very few hotels in Lansdowne offer free Wi-Fi.
- Languages: The official and the widely spoken language in Lansdowne is Hindi. Some of the locals do speak Marathi and Sanskrit.
- Security: Police: 100, Fire: 101, Ambulance: 102.
- Tipping: Tipping is not expected in Lansdowne. But if you are happy with the service, you can tip something between 5 and 10% of the bill.
- Do not wear clothes that expose yourself. Dress modestly.
- Remove your slippers and footwear before entering a temple.