Museo Atlantico, Lanzarote
About Museo Atlantico, Lanzarote
Museo Atlantico, Lanzarote - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Puerto Marina Rubicón, Calle el Berrugo, 2, 35580 Playa Blanca, Las Palmas, Spain
Ticket Price: 12 EUR
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
Added 931 times in trip plans
Family And Kids, Specialty Museum, Sculpture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Europe’s very first underwater museum, Museo Atlantico, also known as Museo Atlantico Lanzarote opened up off the Spanish waters of Lanzarote on 10th of January 2017. This speciality underwater museum is the fantastic brain-child of British sculptor Jason deCaires Tayor. The museum exhibits excellent installations that speak about ocean conservation, marine conservation and the human invasion of nature. Through the fantastic sculptures, this one-of-its kind underwater museum aims to create awareness about environmental conservation. The museum has an underwater botanical garden that will be a home to sea creatures. Each sculpture narrates a story in accordance of the underlying theme of the museum. The museum project of Museo Atlantico Lanzarote is 12 metres deep in the sea and spans over an area of 2500 square metres. It can be accessed by divers and tourists with proper diving training.
Museo Atlantico Information
- The Museo Atlantico Lanzarote can be visited only with registered diving operator/group.
- Safety ship is available.
- Tours depart from Marina Rubicón port located in the south of the island.
- SCUBA equipment and suitable clothing recommended.
- Kids under the age of 8 are not allowed.
- The visitor should be trained in diving and swimming, diving limit for age group is set and can be checked on the official website of Museo Atlántico.
- Not recommended for people under influence of alcohol and drugs.
- Not suitable for pregnant women, people with heart condition and/or asthma and/or cold.
Museo Atlantico Ticket Prices
- Given above are the Museo Atlantico ticket prices are for diving for adults.
- For snorkelling, ticket price is: 8 Euros
Museo Atlantico Opening and Closing Hours
- Last Entry for underwater museum Museo Atlantico is at 3:00pm.
- Given hours are actual diving hours.
- Office Hours: 10:00am to 5:00pm (Monday to Friday)
- Museum visit duration is 1 hour.
How To reach Museo Atlantico by Public Transport
- Guided diving from the Marina Rubicon port.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Lanzarote before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lanzarote and book an accommodation of your choice.
Museo Atlantico, Lanzarote Reviews - Write a Review
Perfect dive! Great experience! Exceptional huge number of different fishes. Just a "must do" when visiting Lanzarote. A reason to do your dive-license, if you haven't got one. After not diving for several years, this dive thaught me what I was missing all the time.
Amazing experience. Reminded me of the statues in Pompeii. Truly incredible.
Incredible! This was incredible to see. The different areas, sculptures and layout was so good! If you have a PADI or are getting it in Lanzarote this is worth a visit!
Definitely worth a dive. Lots of life is building up in it.
It was so beautiful. I went 1 year ago today. I love my life. I am 13.
- Nearby Attractions
- Castillo De San Gabriel
- Los Volcanes Natural Park
- Diverhotel Lanzarote
- Hotel Bluebay Lanzarote
- Lanzarote Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Lanzarote
- What to See in 48 Hours in Lanzarote
- What to See in 72 Hours in Lanzarote
- How to Spend 5 Days in Lanzarote
- How to Spend 6 Days in Lanzarote
- How to Spend 7 Days in Lanzarote