Are you looking for what to do in Lanzarote?
Tourist attractions on Lanzarote are aplenty. From pristine beaches to volcanic craters to museums, here is a list of must see ones:
- Timanfaya National Park: The Timanfaya National Park is a ‘Martian’ landscape with rare plant species. During the time between 1730 to 1736, more than 100 volcanoes erupted in the region. Covering more than 50 km², these volcanic eruptions devastated this part of the island, including several villages. Due to lack of erosion, this area appears pretty much the same as it did just after the eruptions. Hence, it looks like the surface of Mars!
- Cueva de los Verdes: One of the things to do in Lanzarote is visit the Cueva de los Verdes. It is situated in the northern part of Lanzarote and forms part of a spectacular system of underground tunnels and caves (grottoes). It is one of the most interesting volcanic formations on the island.
- Famara Beach: The Famara beach is a remote 3 kilometre long stretch of sand and dunes. A beautiful and unique landscape, the beach is a perfect place for surfers, joggers, sun bathers, windsurfers and leisure lovers.
- El Lago Verde: One of the places to visit in Lanzarote is the El Lago Verde. The El Golfo is a half-submerged cone of a volcano. Eroded over a period of time by the sea, now only a wall of the crater displaying hues of red and russet colours remains. At the foot of wall is Lago Verde. It is a half moon shaped green pond filled with volcanic minerals and micro-organisms.
- Marina Rubicon: The Marina Rubicon is a bay area in Playa Blanca surrounded by shops, excellent restaurants, botiques and bars.
- Jardin de Cactus: Located in the town of Guatiza, the Cactus Garden is a magnificent example of Cesar Manrique’s artistry. You will find a double staircase that leads you to a walk through wonderland!
Below we have a list of things to do in Lanzarote and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Lanzarote getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Lanzarote with confidence.