Timanfaya National Park690 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Las Palmas, Lanzarote, Spain Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-928840057
- Ticket Price: 8 EUR
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Island, National Park, Park, View Point, Observatory, Educational Site, Family And Kids, Adventure, Picnic Spot, Nature, Volcano
The Timanfaya National Park or the Parque Nacional de Timanfaya is a ‘Martian’ landscape with rare plant species.
The history of the place goes like this- during the time between 1730 to 1736, more than a100 volcanoes erupted in the region. Covering more than 50 km², these volcanic eruptions devastated this part of the island, including several villages. Due to lack of erosion, this area appears pretty much the same as it did just after the eruptions. Hence, it looks like the surface of Mars!
The area was declared a national park in the year 1968. At the park, several demonstrations of how hot the area is are given. Sample this- dry brush thrown into a hole in the ground catches fire immediately, while water poured into a bore hole erupts seconds later in the form of steam!
It is advised to take a Guide to explore and enjoy park freely around the volcanoes.
Timanfaya National Park Travel Tips
- Those who are driving to the park, go in the afternoon.
Entrance Ticket Details For Timanfaya National Park
- Camel rides are available within the park. They cost €5 (entrance fees still apply).
Timanfaya National Park Hours
- Restaurant closes at 3 p.m.
How to Reach Timanfaya National Park
- Renting a car or hiring a taxi is recommended.
- Many local tour operators organize bus transport to this place.
- El Diablo
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lanzarote before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lanzarote and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Timanfaya National Park Address: Las Palmas, Lanzarote, Spain
- Timanfaya National Park Contact Number: +34-928840057
- Timanfaya National Park Timing: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Timanfaya National Park Price: 8 EUR
- Best time to visit Timanfaya National Park(preferred time): 10:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Timanfaya National Park: 01:30 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
95% of people who visit Lanzarote include Timanfaya National Park in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
67.72% of people start their Timanfaya National Park visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Timanfaya National Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Timanfaya National Park
People normally club together Marina Rubicon and Bodega La Geria while planning their visit to Timanfaya National Park.
People also prefer to start their day with Timanfaya National Park.