The Gansu Provincial Museum is the biggest comprehensive museum in the Lanzhou city. Built in the year 1956, the museum is spread over an area of 18,000 square meters and is one of the most visited tourist destination of the city. This soviet-designed museum is divided into two sections-natural resources and historic exhibits. It holds collection of various colour-painted potteries of Neolithic Age and treasures of ancient grottoes. The museum exhibits prehistoric presentations, as well as the rare animal exhibits. Highlights and must sees include:
- Precious linen and silk fabrics
- Books, wooden and bronze vessels
- A 4-meter tall Mammoth fossil replica
- Rare animals such as pandas, golden monkeys and red-crowned cranes
- Help for your luggage and belongings, is available for free.
- Wheel chair is provided free of charge (with a refundable deposit CNY 200), just carry your ID proof along.
- CNY 10: For an audio guide with a refundable deposit of CNY500
- Free: Free-guided service is available twice a day: 9:30am and 3:00pm, at the reception desk of Museum Guide Service.
- Entrance closes at 4:00 pm.
- By bus to the Qilihe Qiao Station: Bus no. 1, 18, 31, 58, 71, 74, 75, 106, 127 and 129.
- One plus One-pot
- GanSuShen BoWuGuan KaFeiTing
- Little Sheep (west station)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Lanzhou before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lanzhou and book an accommodation of your choice.
81.19% of people who visit Lanzhou include Gansu Provincial Museum in their plan
71.43% of people start their Gansu Provincial Museum visit around 09 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Gansu Provincial Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gansu Provincial Museum