Ancient Kition571 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Ancient Kition, Larnaca, Cyprus Map
- Timings: 08:30 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: 357-24304115
- Ticket Price: 3 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Ancient Ruin, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Archaeological Site
A series of steady excavations over a hundred years starting in the nineteenth century revealed these ruins that date from the 13th Century BC. Kition seems to have been an important site of religious worship and human habitation. Copper smelting was an important industry at the time and Kition might have been a hotspot for it. Following the Mycenean Achaeans, the Phoenicians took over the place are said to have built a magnificent temple to Astarte sometime around 850BC, but this too was destroyed five hundred years later. Unfortunately, for all it’s important history, there isn’t much left to see here. The ruins of the shrine of Astarte, four there small temples and an opium room are the most important structures remaining. You have to be a true archeology or history aficionado to appreciate this place now because the site itself is underwhelming.
Ancient Kition Travel Tips
- Wheelchair accessible.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Larnaca before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Larnaca and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Ancient Kition Address: Ancient Kition, Larnaca, Cyprus
- Ancient Kition Contact Number: 357-24304115
- Ancient Kition Timing: 08:30 am - 07:00 pm
- Ancient Kition Price: 3 EUR
- Time required to visit Ancient Kition: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
52.97% of people who visit Larnaca include Ancient Kition in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
59.43% of people start their Ancient Kition visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Ancient Kition
66.2% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ancient Kition
People normally club together Pierides Museum and Mackenzie Beach while planning their visit to Ancient Kition.