Lake Mead National Recreation AreaCurrently Open
- Address: Temple Bar Marina, AZ 86443, United States, 86443, Las Vegas
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-7022938990
- Ticket Price: 35 USD
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Mountain, Off Road, Water Body, Wildlife Park, River, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Adventure, Desert, Neighborhoods , Nature, Landmarks, Parks
Lake Mead National Recreation Area - Review
Lake Mead National Recreation Area is a U.S. National Recreation Area which is situated in the provinces of the southeastern Nevada and northwestern Arizona. Worked by the National Park Service, the Lake Mead NRA accompanies the Colorado River passageway from the westernmost verge of Grand Canyon National Park, towards the north of the urban communities of Laughlin, Nevada and Bullhead City, Arizona. It incorporates the greater part of the Lake Mead and additionally the component lakes such as Lake Mohave.
The repositories on the waterway made by Hoover Dam and Davis Dam, individually encompassed the spread of the desert landscape and wilderness and turned the premises into an easily accessible zone. Framing of Lake Mead started in 1935, thus reportedly less than a year before Hoover Dam was finished. The zone encompassing Lake Mead was created as the Boulder Dam Recreation Area in 1936. In 1964, the premises were further developed to incorporate Lake Mohave and its encompassing territory. Thus it was turned into the first National Recreation Area.
Lake Mead National Recreation Area Information
- The Lake Mead characteristics water diversion including sailing, swimming, and angling, on both lakes and also the extents of waterway between the lakes.
- It likewise features numerous trekking trails and perspectives of the encompassing deserts, namely- the Mojave Desert, the Great Basin Desert, and the Sonoran Desert.
Lake Mead National Recreation Area Ticket Prices
- Please visit official website for detailed ticket price.
Lake Mead National Recreation Area Hours
- Some beaches and other areas are day-use only, from dawn til dusk. These areas are marked with signs.
- The Alan Bible Visitor Center is open 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m daily. Please call 702-293-8990 for more information.
- The Visitor Center will be closed the following holidays: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Years Day.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Las Vegas before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Las Vegas and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Lake Mead National Recreation Area
5.81% of people who visit Las Vegas include Lake Mead National Recreation Area in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
55% of people start their Lake Mead National Recreation Area visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Lake Mead National Recreation Area
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lake Mead National Recreation Area