City ParkCurrently Closed
- Address: 45-55 Tamar st., Launceston TAS 7250, Australia
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-363233000
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Family And Kids
City Park - Review
This heritage city park has quite a diverse set of attractions. The standard decorations include playgrounds, picnic tables, fountains, a cafe, the Boer War Memorial and a cannon from the Crimean War in addition to other monuments. But as you stroll through the lovely pathways you also come across:
- The City Park train, called Lonnie the Loco, which is a favourite of all children
- The statue of 19th century botanist Ronald Campbell Gunn
- The Macaque Monkey Enclosure: the creatures were a gift from sister city Ikeda in Japan, and these animals can survive colder temperatures than any other monkey. They are highly playful, and a source of constant delight to visitors and locals alike
- A Victorian bandstand
- A duck pond
The park is also the location of the annual Festivale, a festival of fun, wine and food. On the park’s eastern corner stands the venerable Albert Hall.
City Park Information
- Dogs not allowed.
City Park Hours
- Technically the park is open during all of daylight hours
Macaque Monkey Enclosure:
- 8.00am-4.00pm (April-September)
- 8.00am-4.30pm (October-March)
John Hart Conservatory:
- October-March: 9.00am-5.30pm.
- April-September: Monday - Friday: 8.30am-4.30pm / Saturday - Sunday: 9.00am-4.30pm
How To reach City Park by Public Transport
- Drive, cycle or take a taxi to here.
- Bus CityEx stop Lawrence St near City Park.
- Bus 20, 25, 30, 32, 35 stop Opposite 112 Cimitiere St.
- Bus 28, 38, 40 , 50 stop 13 Brisbane St.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Launceston before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Launceston and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting City Park
92.42% of people who visit Launceston include City Park in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
31.33% of people start their City Park visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see City Park
50.65% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting City Park
City Park Trips
City Park, Launceston Reviews
Very convenient location. Great selection of fresh sandwiches and rolls. They will also make sandwiches on request. Great service :)