City ParkCurrently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: 45-55 Tamar st., Launceston TAS 7250, Australia
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-363233000
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Family And Kids
This heritage city park has quite a diverse set of attractions. The standard decorations include playgrounds, picnic tables, fountains, a cafe, the Boer War Memorial and a cannon from the Crimean War in addition to other monuments. But as you stroll through the lovely pathways you also come across:
- The City Park train, called Lonnie the Loco, which is a favourite of all children
- The statue of 19th century botanist Ronald Campbell Gunn
- The Macaque Monkey Enclosure: the creatures were a gift from sister city Ikeda in Japan, and these animals can survive colder temperatures than any other monkey. They are highly playful, and a source of constant delight to visitors and locals alike
- A Victorian bandstand
- A duck pond
The park is also the location of the annual Festivale, a festival of fun, wine and food. On the park’s eastern corner stands the venerable Albert Hall.
- Dogs not allowed.
- Technically the park is open during all of daylight hours
Macaque Monkey Enclosure:
- 8.00am-4.00pm (April-September)
- 8.00am-4.30pm (October-March)
John Hart Conservatory:
- October-March: 9.00am-5.30pm.
- April-September: Monday - Friday: 8.30am-4.30pm / Saturday - Sunday: 9.00am-4.30pm
- Drive, cycle or take a taxi to here.
- Bus CityEx stop Lawrence St near City Park.
- Bus 20, 25, 30, 32, 35 stop Opposite 112 Cimitiere St.
- Bus 28, 38, 40 , 50 stop 13 Brisbane St.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Launceston before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Launceston and book an accommodation of your choice.
90.84% of people who visit Launceston include City Park in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
31.33% of people start their City Park visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see City Park
50.65% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting City Park
Very convenient location. Great selection of fresh sandwiches and rolls. They will also make sandwiches on request. Great service :)