City Park Radio117 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 43 Tamar Street, Launceston TAS 7250, Australia Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 02:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-363343344
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Museums, Family And Kids, Specialty Museums
There is not much to see at this cute little museum, but it nevertheless preserves a moderately important heritage of the city. Housed in the side the City Park Cottage, a hundred year old dwelling which was once the residence of the park caretaker. The exhibits themselves are focused exclusively on old radio sets - 50 of them to be precise - ranging from the 1930s and onwards. Most of these are either donations or on loan by the museum. The museum is also the location of Australia’s oldest wisteria tree. Though the museum is free, the place runs entirely on donations.
How to Reach City Park Radio
- Drive, cycle or take a taxi to here.
- Bus CityEx stop Lawrence St near City Park.
- Bus 20, 25, 30, 32, 35 stop Opposite 112 Cimitiere St.
- Bus 28, 38, 40 , 50 stop 13 Brisbane St.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Launceston before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Launceston and book an accommodation of your choice.
- City Park Radio Address: 43 Tamar Street, Launceston TAS 7250, Australia
- City Park Radio Contact Number: +61-363343344
- City Park Radio Timing: 10:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit City Park Radio: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
14.94% of people who visit Launceston include City Park Radio in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
73.91% of people start their City Park Radio visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see City Park Radio
90.24% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting City Park Radio
People normally club together City Park and National Automobile Museum Of Tasmania while planning their visit to City Park Radio.