Princes Square17 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Elizabeth Street, Launceston TAS 7250, Australia Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +61-363233000
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Landmark, Walking Area, Statue, Square, Family And Kids
This pretty park was recovered from a disused brickfield, and is one of the most historically important centers of the city. Symmetrical in shape, it was built to reflect European sophistication. Accordingly, it is planted with elm trees laid down by royalty, and has been the site of many cultural events, has been used as a military parade ground, and was the meeting point between first electoral candidates and the people they wanted to It's surrounded by a handful of churches. In the center of the park is the the Val d'Osne Fountain, with statues of Neptune, Galatea, Amphitrite and Asis, and four nymphs, and it is a fine piece by a French sculptor, Mathurin Moreau. It’s an astoundingly romantic place.
How to Reach Princes Square
- Buses 40, 48, 50, 58, 60, 66, 70, 74, 76, 78, City Ex, and River stop 60-64 Elizabeth St.
- Bus 64 stop Opposite 150 York St.
- Drive, cycle or take a taxi to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Launceston before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Launceston and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Princes Square Address: Elizabeth Street, Launceston TAS 7250, Australia
- Princes Square Contact Number: +61-363233000
- Princes Square Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Princes Square(preferred time): 07:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit Princes Square: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
2.17% of people who visit Launceston include Princes Square in their plan
28.57% of people start their Princes Square visit around 2 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Princes Square
57.14% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Princes Square
People normally club together Waverley Woolen Mills Factory Outlet and Trevallyn Dam while planning their visit to Princes Square.
Princes Square Reviews & Ratings
who was princes square named afterAnswer Report Abuse
The Prices Square Park is named after the Prince of Wales.Report Abuse