Queen Victoria MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: 2 Invermay Rd, Invermay TAS 7248, Australia, Launceston
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-363233777
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Family And Kids
About Queen Victoria Museum, Launceston
One of the largest museums in Australia, this place has a thorough and interesting collection of arts and artefacts relating to Tasmania, colonial history, and the natural sciences of the regions. There’s a zoology exhibit too. The best way to check out the museum is the Heritage trails, which leads you through 37 interpretation sites that collectively narrate the history of the site. The Phenomena Factory is an interactive science exhibit for kids. Kids will also enjoy the Launceston Planetarium. But the main exhibits here relate to the railways, and how they changed the face of Tasmania. And finally, there is an exhibit on WWI the experiences of the Tasmanian soldiers who fought in it. Check the museum website for current and upcoming events.
Queen Victoria Museum Information
- Not to be confused with the the 1870s era railway workshop, which is managed by the same organisation.
- Food and drink not permitted inside the museum.
- Disabled accessible.
How To reach Queen Victoria Museum by Public Transport
- Buses CityEx, River and Tiger stop Inveresk Rail Yards.
- Buses 6, 7, 8, 10 stop Stop 3,Invermay Rd.
- Bus 25 stop Opposite 63 Holbrook St.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Launceston before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Launceston and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Queen Victoria Museum
95% of people who visit Launceston include Queen Victoria Museum in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
81.42% of people start their Queen Victoria Museum visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Queen Victoria Museum
77.79% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Queen Victoria Museum