Queen Victoria MuseumCurrently Open
- Address: 2 Invermay Rd, Invermay TAS 7248, Australia, Launceston Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-363233777
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Family And Kids
One of the largest museums in Australia, this place has a thorough and interesting collection of arts and artefacts relating to Tasmania, colonial history, and the natural sciences of the regions. There’s a zoology exhibit too. The best way to check out the museum is the Heritage trails, which leads you through 37 interpretation sites that collectively narrate the history of the site. The Phenomena Factory is an interactive science exhibit for kids. Kids will also enjoy the Launceston Planetarium. But the main exhibits here relate to the railways, and how they changed the face of Tasmania. And finally, there is an exhibit on WWI the experiences of the Tasmanian soldiers who fought in it. Check the museum website for current and upcoming events.
Queen Victoria Museum Travel Tips
- Not to be confused with the the 1870s era railway workshop, which is managed by the same organisation.
- Food and drink not permitted inside the museum.
- Disabled accessible.
How to Reach Queen Victoria Museum
- Buses CityEx, River and Tiger stop Inveresk Rail Yards.
- Buses 6, 7, 8, 10 stop Stop 3,Invermay Rd.
- Bus 25 stop Opposite 63 Holbrook St.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Launceston before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Launceston and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Queen Victoria Museum Address: 2 Invermay Rd, Invermay TAS 7248, Australia, Launceston
- Queen Victoria Museum Contact Number: +61-363233777
- Queen Victoria Museum Timing: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Best time to visit Queen Victoria Museum(preferred time): 10:00 am - 01:00 pm
- Time required to visit Queen Victoria Museum: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
35.76% of people who visit Launceston include Queen Victoria Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
84.38% of people start their Queen Victoria Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Queen Victoria Museum
88.31% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Queen Victoria Museum
People normally club together Stillwater and Launceston Tramway Museum while planning their visit to Queen Victoria Museum.
Queen Victoria Museum Reviews & Ratings
There was a multi coloured star at about 8.30pm on Sunday in the Western sky at about 20 degrees altitude (Guess only). It was much brighter than any nearby star. I was wondering what it was. I was viewing it from West Moonah.Answer Report Abuse