Abbey Church RomainmotierCurrently Open
- Address: Abbatiale de Romainmotier, Chemin Derrière-l'Eglise, 1323 Romainmotier, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Phone: +41-244531465
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Architecture , Cathedral
The Abbey Church Romainmôtier was built about a 1000 years back between 990 and 1030. This very fact makes the church the oldest Romanesque structures in Switzerland. The church features a pulpit from the 8th century and frescoes and choir chairs from the 14th and 15th century. The House of the Prior of Romainmotier which belongs to the 13th century is a neighbor to the church. The Abbey Church Romainmôtier is indeed a reflection of the beauty of an enduring olden architecture.
Abbey Church Romainmotier Travel Tips
- Visit the House of the Prior of Romainmotier.
How to Reach Abbey Church Romainmotier
- Train: Croy-Romainmotier Train Station
- Bretonnieres Train Station
- Arnex Train Station
- Bus: Romainmotier, eglise Bus Station
- Romainmotier, poste Bus Station
- Romainmotier, Les Portes Bus Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lausanne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lausanne and book an accommodation of your choice.
6.05% of people who visit Lausanne include Abbey Church Romainmotier in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
47.17% of people start their Abbey Church Romainmotier visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Abbey Church Romainmotier
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Abbey Church Romainmotier