Chateau Saint-maire214 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Place du Chateau, 1002 Lausanne, Switzerland
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +41-213164040
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Educational Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Heritage Building
The Chateau Saint-Maire was built by the Bishops of Lausanne between 1400 and 1430. The Chateau Saint-Maire is located up a hill near the cathedral. The walk may get tiring but is completely worth the time and energy. At the top of the hill you get a commendable view of the city which is enough to ease out the chaos and stress on your mind.
Chateau Saint-maire Travel Tips
- Wear comfortable shoes to climb the hill.
- Do visit the cathedral near Saint Marie.
- Carry a bottle of water to keep yourself hydrated.
How to Reach Chateau Saint-maire
- Train: Gare de Lausanne Train Station
- Lausanne, Riponne-M. Béjart Train Station
- Lausanne, Bessières Train Station
- Bus: Lausanne, Tunnel Bus Station
- Lausanne, Barre Bus Station
- Lausanne, place du Nord Bus Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lausanne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lausanne and book an accommodation of your choice.
17.98% of people who visit Lausanne include Chateau Saint-maire in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
44.3% of people start their Chateau Saint-maire visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Chateau Saint-maire
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chateau Saint-maire
Chateau Saint-maire Reviews & Ratings
Can we visit the interior of this castle? If so, what is the entrance fee?Answer Report Abuse
Entering the interiors of the Chateau Saint-Maire is not allowed. But it is worth to stop by and admire the castle from outside. There is no fee for this.Report Abuse