How to Reach Lausanne
How to reach Lausanne
- By Air: Lausanne doesn’t have an airstrip to call its own, but you could land in Geneva and take a train to Lausanne. An alternative could be landing in Zurich and taking a trans-Atlantic to Lausanne.
- By Train: Swiss trains enjoy an unblemished reputation and the trains to Lausanne are no exception. Trains from Geneva run regularly to Lausanne, every half an hour till 1:30 am. The Lausanne train station also receives trains from Zurich, Berne and overseas destinations like Paris, Milan and Venice.
- By Boat: Boats from both the Swiss and French shores stop at Lake Geneva, with many-a-halts along many lake shore towns. If you decide to arrive by boat, ensure you have the visas for the necessary countries you’ll be passing through.
- By Bus: There are several international bus services that run from Spain, France and many other Central European cities.
- By Bus/Metro:There are two metro lines that run all through Lausanne and local bus lines that cover the city. You can buy tickets at any station through an automated machine. Remember to validate your tickets.
- By Taxi: If you’re visiting Lausanne for the first time, the layout of the city could get a little complicated. So if you experience any difficulty in getting around, you could always hire a taxi. If you’re traveling on a budget though, a taxi is not recommended.
- By Bike: All those looking for a way to combine sightseeing and exercise, hiring a bicycle to ride around Lausanne is quite a popular way of getting around.
- On Foot: The best way to see Lausanne is on foot. Within the vicinity of the Main Station, there are a lot of attractions within walking distance.
Modes of Transportation in Lausanne
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Lausanne. The most preferred mode of transport in Lausanne is Walking.
Average distance: 11.5 km Average time: 34.65 min
Walking 30%Walking 47.67 min Bus 6.67 min Driving 5 min Train 2.33 min Waiting 2.33 min Overall average time for 5.83 kms 64 min
Bike 20%Bike 34 min Overall average time for 13.25 kms 34 min
Car 30%Driving 21 min Overall average time for 18 kms 21 min
Train/Metro 20%Train 8.5 min Walking 3 min Waiting 0.25 min Overall average time for 8.5 kms 11.75 min
- Other Cities
- How To Reach Wengen
- How To Reach Sion
- How To Reach Basel
- How To Reach Gruyeres
- How To Reach Rapperswil
- How To Reach Zermatt
- How To Reach Geneva
- How To Reach Lugano
- How To Reach Montreux
- How To Reach Lauterbrunnen
- Nearby Cities
- How To Reach Zurich
- How To Reach Lucerne
- How To Reach Interlaken
- How To Reach Bern
- How To Reach Vevey
- How To Reach Brienz
- How To Reach Neuchatel
- How To Reach St Moritz
- How To Reach Chur
- How To Reach Engelberg