Musee De L'elyseeCurrently Closed
- Address: Avenue de l'Elysée 18, 1006 Lausanne, Switzerland
- Timings: 11:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +41-213169911
- Ticket Price: 8 CHF
- Tags: Museum, Family And Kids, Photo Gallery
Musee De L'elysee - Review
This is a museum for photographs, and only photographs – about 100,000 of them. Housed in a charming house between Ouchy and the train station, the collections include historical, modern and contemporary works. Its crowning glory, however, is “The 100 Years of Tramp” exhibition, about 10,000 pictures collected from across Charlie Chaplin’s entire career.
Musee De L'elysee Information
- Disabled visitors may access two of the museums’ floors but not the basement.
- Disabled visitors may park their cars on the museum grounds.
- Stroller are not allowed inside, but a baby carrier can be made available on request.
Musee De L'elysee Ticket Prices
- Free on the first Saturday of the month.
- CHF 4 for students, apprentices, unemployed.
- Tickets sold at reception desk.
How To reach Musee De L'elysee by Public Transport
- Bus No: Bus #2 (dir. Bourdonnette) Croix d’Ouchy bus stop
- Bus #4 (dir. Pully CFF) Montchoisi bus stop
- Bus #8 (dir. Paudex / Verrière) MuséeOlympique bus stop
- Bus #25 (dir. Pully-gare) Elysée bus stop
- Metro line: M2 (dir. Ouchy) Délices bus stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Lausanne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lausanne and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Musee De L'elysee
95% of people who visit Lausanne include Musee De L'elysee in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
36.73% of people start their Musee De L'elysee visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Musee De L'elysee
84.82% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Musee De L'elysee
Musee De L'elysee Map
Musee De L'elysee, Lausanne Reviews
Fabulous photography collection on view with a thoughtful curatorial angle. Architecturally beautiful museum with large gallery rooms. Lovely librairie and café in the first floor. An afternoon well spent.
Always great exhibitions, good book store, nice view on the lake Geneva
This is a great photography museum! If you love photography or know nothing about photography, it's definitely worth a visit.
Even if not too big this museum dedicated to pictures is a wonderful place to visit in Lausanne. The exhibitions are always of high quality and really instructive. The Museum itself is a very enjoyable place with a good bookshop and a warmful Café. The Museum is settled in the middle of a garden that is connected with the Olympic Museum. You can visit this two places at once. In front of the garden there is a great panorama with the lake and the Alps. A Great place for families or single and romantic visitors.
Low key stylish place, beautifully situated.
All QuestionsMusee de l'elysee
- Bahnhof Drosendorf Bahnhöfe
- Gertrude Kirrer
- Baha'i Religionsgemeinschaft Mödling
- Neuberger Peter U Elisabeth - Weingut
- Kunsthandel Hannes Weiss
- Galerie Im Ersten Stock - Kunst Im Raum
- Stadttheater Mödling
- Puppen- U Spielzeug-Museum- Mödling
- Mödlinger TC
- Nicolas - Eine Art Galerie
- Schulbücherei D. BG Mödling
Find places near Musee De L'elysee, Lausanne
Restaurant de la Frasse Route de la Frasse 3942.312 km away
le Vuipay Route de la Dent de Lys 141 Alpage les Vuipays1.45 km away
Cabane du petit oiseau Route du Moléson 133 Rathvel2.991 km away
la Cascade -2.463 km away
Café-Bar L'Igloo Route de Fruence 442.737 km away
Café de la Veveyse Route de Châtel-Saint-Denis2.754 km away
Le Tsalé Route des Dailles 151.532 km away
les Rosalys Route des Rosalys 201.772 km away
Hotel du Lac des joncs -0.731 km away
Le P''tit Traiteur Route de la Frasse 4682.449 km away
Restaurant du Téléski de la Châ 1806 St-Légier-la Chiésaz2.731 km away
Nicole Bertherin S. à r. L. Route de la Frasse 3742.313 km away
Agrola Route de Montreux 1302.875 km away