Musee De L'elysee, Lausanne
About Musee De L'elysee, Lausanne
Musee De L'elysee, Lausanne - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Avenue de l'Elysée 18, 1006 Lausanne, Switzerland
Ticket Price: 8 CHF
Timings: 11:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 5.3K times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids, Photo Gallery
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This is a museum for photographs, and only photographs – about 100,000 of them. Housed in a charming house between Ouchy and the train station, the collections include historical, modern and contemporary works. Its crowning glory, however, is “The 100 Years of Tramp” exhibition, about 10,000 pictures collected from across Charlie Chaplin’s entire career.
Musee De L'elysee Information
- Disabled visitors may access two of the museums’ floors but not the basement.
- Disabled visitors may park their cars on the museum grounds.
- Stroller are not allowed inside, but a baby carrier can be made available on request.
Musee De L'elysee Ticket Prices
- Free on the first Saturday of the month.
- CHF 4 for students, apprentices, unemployed.
- Tickets sold at reception desk.
How To reach Musee De L'elysee by Public Transport
- Bus No: Bus #2 (dir. Bourdonnette) Croix d’Ouchy bus stop
- Bus #4 (dir. Pully CFF) Montchoisi bus stop
- Bus #8 (dir. Paudex / Verrière) MuséeOlympique bus stop
- Bus #25 (dir. Pully-gare) Elysée bus stop
- Metro line: M2 (dir. Ouchy) Délices bus stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Lausanne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lausanne and book an accommodation of your choice.
Musee De L'elysee, Lausanne Reviews - Write a Review
This is a great photography museum! If you love photography or know nothing about photography, it's definitely worth a visit.
Even if not too big this museum dedicated to pictures is a wonderful place to visit in Lausanne. The exhibitions are always of high quality and really instructive. The Museum itself is a very enjoyable place with a good bookshop and a warmful Café. The Museum is settled in the middle of a garden that is connected with the Olympic Museum. You can visit this two places at once. In front of the garden there is a great panorama with the lake and the Alps. A Great place for families or single and romantic visitors.
Very interesting if you like photography or like looking at images through the ages.
Beautiful old mansion turned in to a photography museum that features world renowned photographers, includes a small cafe with a vintage Photo Booth that still works and a gift shop including photography books. (entry is cheap)
Great exhibitions, lovely building and location. I would have liked a bit more depth in the background and info.
- Nearby Attractions
- Rue Orient-ville 6
- Hotel Wetterhorn
- Place De La Palud
- Escaliers Du Marché
- Lausanne Guesthouse & Backpacker
- Restaurant Du Vieil Ouchy
- Restaurant Coccinelle Café
- Les Docks
- Lausanne Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Lausanne
- What to See in 48 Hours in Lausanne
- What to See in 72 Hours in Lausanne
- How to Spend 5 Days in Lausanne
- How to Spend 6 Days in Lausanne
- How to Spend 7 Days in Lausanne