Olympic Museum Lausanne
Tours for Olympic Museum Lausanne
About Olympic Museum Lausanne, Lausanne
The only place in the world to geek out on the Olympic Games. A quarter million annual visitors, a location right next to the OIC HQ, 10000 items on exhibit (making it the largest Olympic exhibit, not to mention the 87000 items in total) spread out over 3000 square metres, and spanning 2000+ years of Olympic history –this is the real deal. The museum makes fantastic use of multimedia that includes an HD 3D theatre that replays defining moments from Olympic history. The media collection also includes 430,000 photos, 17,500 hours of film footage, and 18,000 books in the Olympic Studies Centre.
The highlights include:
- The Olympic Flame
- the complete collection of Olympic Torches and the Olympic Medals
- Carl Lewis's "golden shoes" from the Los Angeles Olympics (1984)
- Chris Boardman's revolutionary bike from Barcelona (1992)
- Eric Heiden's record-breaking speed skates (Lake Placid, 1980)
- a four-man Swiss bobsleigh (Sarajevo, 1984) and so on
And if geeking out wasn’t enough, how do a terrific rooftop restaurant, and a park filled with spectacular sculptures (you can picnic here) grab you? Renovations that were completed in 2013 have only made the place better.
Olympic Museum Lausanne Information
- Enjoy the panorama of Laussane from the TOM Cafe.
- “Navigation” underground car park is under Ouchy.
- Car park Beau-Rivage Palace.
- Car park Port d'Ouchy (about 800m from the museum).
- Two disabled parking spaces at the north entrance to the Museum.
- The lifts and public areas in the Museum are accessible to wheelchair users.
- Mobility maps are available at the reception desk.
- The Museum offers a portable hearing induction loop for audio guides.
- The multimedia elements of our permanent exhibitions are fitted with hearing induction loops.
- Guide dogs are allowed.
- There is a UBS ATM machine here.
- You can have a picnic on the terrace on the 1st level and in the Olympic Park.
- Smoking is Prihibited.
Olympic Museum Lausanne Tickets Prices
- Tickets can be purchased at the automatic ticket machines.
- CHF 14 for Senior citizens , CHF 10 for disabled persons , CHF 7 for aged 6-16 (sports clubs, camps, etc.), Free for under 6.
How To Get To Olympic Museum Lausanne by Public Transport
- Metro: M2 line stop Ouchy
- Bus: No. 2 bus stop Ouchy
- No. 8 or 25 stop MuséeOlympique
Restaurants Near Olympic Museum Lausanne
- The TOM Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Lausanne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lausanne and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: Quai d'Ouchy 1, 1006 Lausanne, Switzerland
Ticket Price: 15 CHF
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 16.2K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Landmark, Historical Site, Memorial, Family And Kids, Photo Gallery, Specialty Museum, Sculpture
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Book Olympic Museum Lausanne Tickets And Tours
Discover the castle of Chillon which is part of Swiss historical heritage. During this journey you will also visit Vevey and Montreux, two beautiful towns on the shores of the Geneva Lake.
Discover the castle of Chillon, a large piece of Swiss historical heritage. Over the course of this 6-hour journey, you will visit Vevey and Montreux, two beautiful towns on the shores of the Geneva Lake. Enjoy a boat cruise and observation of the famous Freddie Mercury statue.
From Lausanne, you will travel by coach during 1 and a half hours and go directly to Chamonix. Enjoy the little streets full of charm of the town and admire the beautiful mountains that surround you and the majestic Mont Blanc, the highest peak in Europe !
Take the cable car to the top of Aiguille du Midi and enjoy a breathtaking view on the French, Italian and Swiss Alps and/or take the panoramic train to Montenvers in order to admire the beautiful Mer de Glace, considered as the most famous glacier in France.
Share your experience - Rate Olympic Museum Lausanne, Lausanne
One of the best musuem I've ever been to. The way each exhibit is presented is marvellous. Excellent use of technology.
Don"t miss this. I spent a half-day here. You will find it very interesting even if you are not a fan of Olympic.
Average museum not very big and not that insteresting shop and entry is overpriced for what you get. There is a cafe on the upper level with a view of the lake. Around the museum there are parks that you can walk in around in that are full of plants and statues.
It doesn't matter if you like sports or not this is quite unique. Very interactive and informative museum! I really liked how they divided the rooms, experiences, specially the videos about body & mind.
It shows the history of Olympic games, which is quite interesting. But the museum is not fascinating, it is a normal one. I am an enthusiasts of fascinating museums, if they are not it doesn't worth the visit, I prefer to spend my time visiting the city. However I recommend visiting the gardens.
- Nearby Attractions
- Blonay-chamby Railroad
- Esplanade De Montbenon
- Chateau Saint-maire
- Theatre De Vidy
- Musee Historique De Lausanne
- Church Of St. Sulpice
- Palais De Rumine
- Abbey Church Romainmotier
- Lake Geneva Cruise
- Hotels Near Olympic Museum Lausanne
- Hotels Near Olympic Museum Lausanne
- 5 Star Hotels Near Olympic Museum Lausanne
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Olympic Museum Lausanne
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Olympic Museum Lausanne
- Budget Hotels Near Olympic Museum Lausanne
- Cheap Hotels Near Olympic Museum Lausanne
- Luxury Hotels Near Olympic Museum Lausanne
- Lausanne Day-wise Trips
- 1 Day in Lausanne
- 2 Days in Lausanne
- 3 Days in Lausanne
- 4 Days in Lausanne
- 5 Days in Lausanne
- 6 Days in Lausanne
- 7 Days in Lausanne