Olympic Museum Lausanne2253 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Quai d'Ouchy 1, 1006 Lausanne, Switzerland
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +41-216216511
- Ticket Price: 15 CHF
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Landmark, Historical Site, Memorial, Family And Kids, Photo Gallery, Specialty Museums, Sculpture
The only place in the world to geek out on the Olympic Games. A quarter million annual visitors, a location right next to the OIC HQ, 10000 items on exhibit (making it the largest Olympic exhibit, not to mention the 87000 items in total) spread out over 3000 square metres, and spanning 2000+ years of Olympic history –this is the real deal. The museum makes fantastic use of multimedia that includes an HD 3D theatre that replays defining moments from Olympic history. The media collection also includes 430,000 photos, 17,500 hours of film footage, and 18,000 books in the Olympic Studies Centre.
The highlights include:
- The Olympic Flame
- the complete collection of Olympic Torches and the Olympic Medals
- Carl Lewis's "golden shoes" from the Los Angeles Olympics (1984)
- Chris Boardman's revolutionary bike from Barcelona (1992)
- Eric Heiden's record-breaking speed skates (Lake Placid, 1980)
- a four-man Swiss bobsleigh (Sarajevo, 1984) and so on
And if geeking out wasn’t enough, how do a terrific rooftop restaurant, and a park filled with spectacular sculptures (you can picnic here) grab you? Renovations that were completed in 2013 have only made the place better.
Olympic Museum Lausanne Travel Tips
- Enjoy the panorama of Laussane from the TOM Cafe.
- “Navigation” underground car park is under Ouchy.
- Car park Beau-Rivage Palace.
- Car park Port d'Ouchy (about 800m from the museum).
- Two disabled parking spaces at the north entrance to the Museum.
- The lifts and public areas in the Museum are accessible to wheelchair users.
- Mobility maps are available at the reception desk.
- The Museum offers a portable hearing induction loop for audio guides.
- The multimedia elements of our permanent exhibitions are fitted with hearing induction loops.
- Guide dogs are allowed.
- There is a UBS ATM machine here.
- You can have a picnic on the terrace on the 1st level and in the Olympic Park.
- Smoking is Prihibited.
Entrance Ticket Details For Olympic Museum Lausanne
- Tickets can be purchased at the automatic ticket machines.
- CHF 14 for Senior citizens , CHF 10 for disabled persons , CHF 7 for aged 6-16 (sports clubs, camps, etc.), Free for under 6.
How to Reach Olympic Museum Lausanne
- Metro: M2 line stop Ouchy
- Bus: No. 2 bus stop Ouchy
- No. 8 or 25 stop MuséeOlympique
- The TOM Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lausanne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lausanne and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Lausanne include Olympic Museum Lausanne in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
68.32% of people start their Olympic Museum Lausanne visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Olympic Museum Lausanne
88.4% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Olympic Museum Lausanne