Ballenberg Open-air MuseumCurrently Closed
Located few kilometers away from Lauterbrunnen, this open-air museum deserves a visit on your trip. Set in an 80-hectars land in east Brienz, well-maintained farming hamlets that give you a glimpse of farm life. Around 100 century old buildings surround the place.
Visit the exhibition that displays the dark truth of farm life in the last century. Besides this, you also get to see their traditional costumes and the history behind it.
Apart from the exhibition, you can enjoy a ride on the old carousal, make friends with farm animals and watch fascinating handcrafted work.
- There are admission discounts. Check their official website to know more about it.
- Pets are allowed inside the museum.
- It is is wheelchair accessible.
- Few barbeque spots are available in the museum grounds.
- Wear sturdy footwear.
- Children (6 to 16 years) – CHF11
- Students/Pensioner/disabled – CHF 20
- Prices for group visit – check their official website.
- Ticket office – 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Restaurants – 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
La Chocolaterie du Ballenberg –
- Chocolate For Sale – 10:00 am - 5:00 pm; Chocolate production: Wednesday to Sunday – 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Home-made Shop - 10:00 am - 5:30 pm
- Merithusli – 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- The Historical Pharmacy - 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Horse-drawn carriages - 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- By Car
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Lauterbrunnen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lauterbrunnen and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Lauterbrunnen include Ballenberg Open-air Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
38.95% of people start their Ballenberg Open-air Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Ballenberg Open-air Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ballenberg Open-air Museum