Ballenberg Open-air MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Museumsstrasse 131, CH-3858 Hofstetten bei Brienz, Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +41-339521030
- Ticket Price: 22 CHF
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Safari, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Arts And Crafts, Exhibition , Specialty Museum
Ballenberg Open-air Museum - Review
Located few kilometers away from Lauterbrunnen, this open-air museum deserves a visit on your trip. Set in an 80-hectars land in east Brienz, well-maintained farming hamlets that give you a glimpse of farm life. Around 100 century old buildings surround the place.
Visit the exhibition that displays the dark truth of farm life in the last century. Besides this, you also get to see their traditional costumes and the history behind it.
Apart from the exhibition, you can enjoy a ride on the old carousal, make friends with farm animals and watch fascinating handcrafted work.
Ballenberg Open-air Museum Information
- There are admission discounts. Check their official website to know more about it.
- Pets are allowed inside the museum.
- It is is wheelchair accessible.
- Few barbeque spots are available in the museum grounds.
- Wear sturdy footwear.
Ballenberg Open-air Museum Ticket Prices
- Children (6 to 16 years) – CHF11
- Students/Pensioner/disabled – CHF 20
- Prices for group visit – check their official website.
Ballenberg Open-air Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- Ticket office – 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Restaurants – 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
La Chocolaterie du Ballenberg –
- Chocolate For Sale – 10:00 am - 5:00 pm; Chocolate production: Wednesday to Sunday – 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Home-made Shop - 10:00 am - 5:30 pm
- Merithusli – 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- The Historical Pharmacy - 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Horse-drawn carriages - 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
How To reach Ballenberg Open-air Museum by Public Transport
- By Car
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Lauterbrunnen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lauterbrunnen and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Ballenberg Open-air Museum
95% of people who visit Lauterbrunnen include Ballenberg Open-air Museum in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
51.17% of people start their Ballenberg Open-air Museum visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Ballenberg Open-air Museum
94.55% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ballenberg Open-air Museum
Ballenberg Open-air Museum Map
Ballenberg Open-air Museum, Lauterbrunnen Reviews
All QuestionsBallenberg open-air museum
Find places near Ballenberg Open-air Museum, Lauterbrunnen
Raiffeisenbank Dorfstrasse1.217 km away
Raiffeisenbank Sunnigehalden 3938 Ausserberg Telephone Fax1.568 km away
Raiffeisenkasse Dorfplatz0.949 km away
Brüderli Bäckerei-Konditorei Dorfstrasse0.911 km away
Bäckerei-Konditorei Steininge Hauptstrasse 2502.555 km away
Restaurant Bellevue Kienholz Hauptstrasse 2582.504 km away
Restaurant Panorama Hauptstrasse 2162.892 km away
Strandbad Brienz Strandbadweg 62.978 km away
Gasthof Bären -1.138 km away
Wilerhorn -0.835 km away
Laternser Hans Jörg Hauptstrasse 2582.505 km away
Tankshop Lammbach AG Hauptstrasse 2112.852 km away
Parking Freilichtmuseum Ballenberg Ost Museumsstrasse0.845 km away
Strandbad Strandbad 12.976 km away
Jugendherberge SJH Strandweg 102.863 km away