Murrenbach Falls1073 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Lauterbrunnen valley, Switzerland. Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Observatory, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Nature
The Murrenbachfall crashes to the ground from the 417-meter-high Mürrenfluh in 5 cascades, making it Switzerland's highest waterfall. It is especially imposing in spring after the snow melts and after thunder storms in summer. At other times, it is a mere trickle hidden between the cliffs, making the Staubbachfall the main attraction of the valley.
You can already start to see the waterfall from certain spots on the outskirts of Lauterbrunnen town, but the most direct views of Murrenbach Falls are from the Schilthornbahn cable car station (roughly 5km from Lauterbrunnen town and 2km from Trümmelbach Falls). You can continue to see Murrenbach Falls from as far back as Stechelberg itself. And, of course, you can also see it from the cable car between the valley and Gimmelwald.
Murrenbach Falls Travel Tips
- It's not hard to see this waterfall. In fact, it's hard to miss it once you're in the general area. The key is to get deep enough in Lauterbrunnen Valley to see it.
How to Reach Murrenbach Falls
- From Lauterbrunnen town you have a choice of taking the bus towards Stechelberg or walking/biking there.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lauterbrunnen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lauterbrunnen and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Murrenbach Falls Address: Lauterbrunnen valley, Switzerland.
- Murrenbach Falls Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Murrenbach Falls(preferred time): 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Time required to visit Murrenbach Falls: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
66.07% of people who visit Lauterbrunnen include Murrenbach Falls in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
27.85% of people start their Murrenbach Falls visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Murrenbach Falls
82.86% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Murrenbach Falls
People normally club together Northface Trail and Via Ferrata while planning their visit to Murrenbach Falls.