About Schilthorn, Lauterbrunnen
Schilthorn, Lauterbrunnen - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Hoeheweg 2, Murren 3800, Switzerland
Ticket Price: 77 CHF
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 17.7K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Mountain, Observatory, Family And Kids, Observation Deck, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
My name is Bond, James Bond.The agent who presented himself in such an unmistakeable way made a decisive contribution to the fame of the Schilthorn. The mountain with its breathtaking panoramic views is today one of the top attractions of the Jungfrau region.
- Before you visit the Schilthorn restaurant, check the weather at the top or if staying in Switzerland , Panorama tv, a TV station showing the weather at the most popular mountain tourist spots.
Schilthorn Ticket Prices
- Single ticket- Children tariff- CHF 38.50, Early morning / Late Evening discounts- Adult- CHF 57.80, Children- CHF 28.90.
Schilthorn Opening and Closing Hours
- Courses every 30 minutes from Stechelberg, from 7.25 am to 4.25 pm.
- Ascents from Stechelberg every hour at 08:25pm and 08:55pm.
- Descent from Schilthorn every hour at 08:03 and 08:33. Last ride 06:03pm.
How To reach Schilthorn by Public Transport
- The only mode of transportation is cable car.
Restaurants Near Schilthorn
- Schilthorn Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Lauterbrunnen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lauterbrunnen and book an accommodation of your choice.
Schilthorn, Lauterbrunnen Reviews - Write a Review
Loved it! If you're in Switzerland, this is a MUST SEE. You take 4 trams to the top and it is the most incredible sight! The James Bond theme is fun and even the restrooms are an delightful! Be sure and visit the revolving restaurant for a unique dining experience. Our fun and professional host, Diego, encouraged us to try the buffet for lunch (33 CHF, ends at 2pm) and we were happy to take his advise. The tomato soup, croissants, various meats and cheeses, and pasta were all great and the hot chocolate was absolutely the best I've ever had.
Extremely nice view from the highest too of the mountain, with a slow moving table platform from which you can enjoy the 360 view while sipping a wine.
The Bond stuff is kind of cheesy but the view is amazing. Skip Jungfraujoch and come here instead. I suggest getting off at Birg on the way back and hiking down, great views and not too strenuous except for the very steep ski run down to Almendhubel (maybe 30 -40 mins of walking)
A definite must see getting up to the Schilthorn is amazing and you won't be disappointed when you get up there
Excellent place to visit if there is sunny weather. One adult fare is 110 Euros. A good museum at top (Schilthorn) named as "James bond 007". There are 2 stop overs while going to the top which are good to visit as well because there are beautiful villages. One should take good jackets, umbrella and good comfortable joggers.
- Nearby Attractions
- Kleine Scheidegg Bach
- Alpine Guides
- Restaurant Oberland
- Lauterbrunnen Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Lauterbrunnen
- What to See in 48 Hours in Lauterbrunnen
- What to See in 72 Hours in Lauterbrunnen
- How to Spend 5 Days in Lauterbrunnen
- How to Spend 6 Days in Lauterbrunnen
- How to Spend 7 Days in Lauterbrunnen