The Trummelbach Falls in Switzerland are a series of ten glacier waterfalls inside the mountain made accessible by tunnel-lift and illuminated. The sheer power and volume of water will be a sight to behold. An absolute must visit when in Murren!
Trummelbach falls switzerland is natural UNESCO World heritage site, and rightly so. There is an easy access from lauterbrunnen to trummelbach falls which is close to Murren.
Trummelbach Falls Travel Tips
- Carry a jacket as the air can get cold and you’re bound to be in the splash zone.
- The crowd leaves by 4 pm which makes it a good time to visit the waterfalls if you don’t want to be nudged and pushed.
- It's damp and can get quite cool in the caves, even in summer. Bring a jacket or raincoat.
- Wear good shoes without slippery soles. It's pretty steep in parts, and even if you take the lift, you get quite a workout.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Free parking
Entrance Ticket Details For Trummelbach Falls
Trummelbach falls price -
- Adults: CHF 11
- Children: CHF 4
- No Credit cards accepted.
Trummelbach Falls Hours
Trummelbach falls timings -
- April to November: 9 am - 5 pm
- July to August: 8.30 am - 6 pm
How to Reach Trummelbach Falls
- The entrance to Trummelbach Falls sits between Lauterbrunnen town and the cable car station leading up to Gimmelwald, Murren, and Schilthorn.
- The bus stops in front of the Trummelbach Cafe, after which you should just follow the signs to the entrance of the falls.
- Hotel Alpenruh Restaurant
- Hotel Eiger Restaurant
- Eiger Guesthouse Restaurant
- There's a restaurant at the bus station right outside the entrance, but it closes part of May and ends the season in September.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lauterbrunnen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lauterbrunnen and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Lauterbrunnen include Trummelbach Falls in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
25.64% of people start their Trummelbach Falls visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Trummelbach Falls
71.43% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Trummelbach Falls