Trummelbach Falls, Lauterbrunnen
About Trummelbach Falls, Lauterbrunnen
Trummelbach Falls, Lauterbrunnen - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 3824 Stechelberg, Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland
Ticket Price: 12 CHF
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 27.8K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Waterfall, Observatory, Family And Kids, Nature, Unesco Site
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Trummelbach Falls in Switzerland are a series of ten glacier-waterfalls inside the mountain made accessible by tunnel-lift and illuminated. The sheer power and volume of water will be a sight to behold. An absolute must visit when in Murren!
It's a natural UNESCO World heritage site, and rightly so. There is an easy access to the waterfall from Lautebrunnen town which is close to Murren.
Trummelbach Falls Information
- Carry a jacket as the air can get cold and you’re bound to be in the splash zone.
- The crowd leaves by 4 pm which makes it a good time to visit the waterfalls if you don’t want to be nudged and pushed.
- It's damp and can get quite cool in the caves, even in summer. Bring a jacket or raincoat.
- Wear good shoes without slippery soles. It's pretty steep in parts, and even if you take the lift, you get quite a workout.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
Trummelbach Falls Ticket Prices
- Tickets for children are CF 4.
- No Credit cards accepted.
How To reach Trummelbach Falls by Public Transport
- The entrance to Trummelbach Falls sits between Lauterbrunnen town and the cable car station leading up to Gimmelwald, Murren, and Schilthorn.
- The bus stops in front of the Trummelbach Café, after which you should just follow the signs to the entrance of the falls.
Restaurants Near Trummelbach Falls
- Hotel Alpenruh Restaurant
- Hotel Eiger Restaurant
- Eiger Guesthouse Restaurant
- There's a restaurant at the bus station right outside the entrance, but it closes part of May and ends the season in September.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Lauterbrunnen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lauterbrunnen and book an accommodation of your choice.
Trummelbach Falls, Lauterbrunnen Reviews - Write a Review
It's a must visit site , if you are interested in watching a waterfall that flows between the caves . The lift to the top is amazing too and it's construction is very fascinating . Their are various levels which we can go to in these falls , the lift takes us to sixth level. It's cold and windy there so having warm clothes will help.
If you are in this area then its must to see place. I love the way water has made its way between mountain till bottom. Entry fee is cash only so make sure that you have enough cash with you for tickets and also kids bellow 4 will not be allowed to go inside.
The water fall is in form of a stream of water flowing through crevices of hill and narrow gauge the cave like place and well developed lift way and staircase in deep length of the cave The water roars with speed and is a delight to watch
You can literally walk inside a mountain and watch and experience the power of a waterfall
The trummelbach falls located between Lauterbrunnen and Stechelberg are a series of 10 hidden waterfalls that can be accessed by stairs only. The entry fees are CHF 11 per adult. The attraction is about 5 minutes walking away from the Parking area. There is also a lift which takes you halfway about 100m high, but one still needs to hike upwards or downwards to see any of the waterfalls. So, if you have some physical fitness restrictions, you will not be able to see any waterfall. I personally found this attraction to be very underwhelming and hyped. There aren't too many signboards around and there is some steep hiking to see the multiple waterfalls which were pretty small. I would recommend giving this a miss and instead checking out Rhine Falls, which were really magnificent.
- Nearby Attractions
- Restaurant Oberland
- Gimmelwald (schilthornbahn)
- Hotel Edelweiss
- Evangelisch Reformierte Kirche Wengen
- Lauterbrunnen Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Lauterbrunnen
- What to See in 48 Hours in Lauterbrunnen
- What to See in 72 Hours in Lauterbrunnen
- How to Spend 5 Days in Lauterbrunnen
- How to Spend 6 Days in Lauterbrunnen
- How to Spend 7 Days in Lauterbrunnen