Trummelbach FallsCurrently Closed
- Address: 3824 Stechelberg, Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +41-338553232
- Ticket Price: 12 CHF
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Waterfall, Observatory, Family And Kids, Nature, Unesco Site, Sports And Recreation
Trummelbach Falls - Review
The Trummelbach Falls in Switzerland are a series of ten glacier waterfalls inside the mountain made accessible by tunnel-lift and illuminated. The sheer power and volume of water will be a sight to behold. An absolute must visit when in Murren!
Trummelbach falls switzerland is natural UNESCO World heritage site, and rightly so. There is an easy access from lauterbrunnen to trummelbach falls which is close to Murren.
Trummelbach Falls Information
- Carry a jacket as the air can get cold and you’re bound to be in the splash zone.
- The crowd leaves by 4 pm which makes it a good time to visit the waterfalls if you don’t want to be nudged and pushed.
- It's damp and can get quite cool in the caves, even in summer. Bring a jacket or raincoat.
- Wear good shoes without slippery soles. It's pretty steep in parts, and even if you take the lift, you get quite a workout.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Free parking
Trummelbach Falls Ticket Prices
Trummelbach falls price -
- Adults: CHF 11
- Children: CHF 4
- No Credit cards accepted.
Trummelbach Falls Opening and Closing Hours
Trummelbach falls timings -
- April to November: 9 am - 5 pm
- July to August: 8.30 am - 6 pm
How To reach Trummelbach Falls by Public Transport
- The entrance to Trummelbach Falls sits between Lauterbrunnen town and the cable car station leading up to Gimmelwald, Murren, and Schilthorn.
- The bus stops in front of the Trummelbach Cafe, after which you should just follow the signs to the entrance of the falls.
Restaurants Near Trummelbach Falls
- Hotel Alpenruh Restaurant
- Hotel Eiger Restaurant
- Eiger Guesthouse Restaurant
- There's a restaurant at the bus station right outside the entrance, but it closes part of May and ends the season in September.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Lauterbrunnen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lauterbrunnen and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Trummelbach Falls
95% of people who visit Lauterbrunnen include Trummelbach Falls in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
39.28% of people start their Trummelbach Falls visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Trummelbach Falls
82.23% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Trummelbach Falls
Trummelbach Falls Map
Trummelbach Falls Trips
1 View4 Days 3 Nights4 Day Trip to Lauterbrunnen from The Woodhouse Day
Trummelbach Falls, Lauterbrunnen Reviews
This is a must see experience for those who appreciate the wonder of nature. There are quite a lot of steps so this may not be suitable for the elderly or those with walking difficulties. It can be a bit chilly and wet when the water is at it's fastest and greatest flow, so a light weight jacket might be useful for some people. Easily accessible every half hour by bus No.141 from opposite Lauterbrunnen Train Station or from Stechelberg Schilthorn Station if coming from the opposite direction. The Tea house at the start of the pathway in is worth stopping at for great cakes and just to enjoy the location.
A magnificent waterfall but hiding in Mountain! A genuine wonder of nature. The Trummelbach waterfall moves through large crevices in the mountain. The fall is not visible from outside. To reach the top, one has to climb a slanting tunnel carved out in the mountain. The shaft includes ten windows through which the waterfall is visible. But one better alternative is there of using the funicular elevator. One of the windows is only just on the exit from the elevator. The view is grand here itself. But to appreciate the waterfall really, one must climb the remaining steps & reach the highest window. The roaring waterfall flows through the gaps in the mountain. The view is utterly breathtaking. The froth & mist makes the waterfall milky white. Because of the mist, the steps in the tunnel become slippery & one has to take care while traversing it. Off course handrails are there & lighting is sufficiently bright. As well as, the mobile camera should not become wet & slip from the palm!
it's as beautiful as it gets. it has lovely mountains around, great weather, fantastic greenery and everything you can think of. the camera just doenst stop clicking and you need time to savour the atmosphere. the falls itself are wonderful and the way it is viewed is unique. going inside the mountain lift and then walking down watching the falls is an experience by itself. worth a trip for the waterfalls itself and for the journey and location too
Amazing place in the middle of nature. The it’s The entrance is 11chf for the adults. There a tunnel with a train that will bring you on top of the water fall. There are other many view location where you can see very close the water flow and listen the sound of 20000lt / sec. It’s awesome! Look at the pictures!!
Multiple Thundering Waterfall inside a cave. Unique experience. Must see it if one visits switzerland. Easily accesible by local bus from Lauterbrunnen.
All QuestionsTrummelbach falls
- Bahnhof Drosendorf Bahnhöfe
- Gertrude Kirrer
- Baha'i Religionsgemeinschaft Mödling
- Neuberger Peter U Elisabeth - Weingut
- Kunsthandel Hannes Weiss
- Galerie Im Ersten Stock - Kunst Im Raum
- Stadttheater Mödling
- Puppen- U Spielzeug-Museum- Mödling
- Mödlinger TC
- Nicolas - Eine Art Galerie
- Schulbücherei D. BG Mödling
Find places near Trummelbach Falls, Lauterbrunnen
Berner Kantonalbank Hauptstrasse2.363 km away
Sina's Pub -2.966 km away
Bäckerei von Allmen Fuhren 882.963 km away
Silvia von Allmen Bäckerei Sandbach 390.354 km away
Flavours Fuhren2.959 km away
AIRTIME Action GmbH Fuhren2.72 km away
Airtime Fuhren 38222.942 km away
Restaurant Suppenalp Suppenalp2.834 km away
Mary's Cafe Schiltwald2.678 km away
Trümmelbach Gletscherwasserfälle -1.859 km away
Hotel Bellevue Lus 1050A1.875 km away
Restaurante Bergestaurant Winteregg Winteregg1.985 km away
Restaurant Allmendhubel 3825 Mürren1.905 km away
Tham Chinese Restaurant -1.629 km away
Stäger Transporte AG Unterdorf2.068 km away
Stäger Transporte AG Beim Stadel 9842.045 km away
Walter Stäger Chalet Anemone1.445 km away
Schilthornbahn AG -1.896 km away
Bahnhof Mürren -1.487 km away
Schilthornbahn AG Allmendhubel1.863 km away
Bahnhof Wengernalp -1.987 km away
Bahnstation BLM -1.896 km away
Seilbahn Mürren- Allmendhubel AG Talstation1.912 km away
Alpenhof -2.929 km away
Camping Jungfrau Weid 4062.17 km away
Pension Sonnenberg Im Blumenthal2.626 km away
Mountain Hostel Gimmelwald, Switzerland2.989 km away
Sportchalet Mürren Stiftung Sportanlage Mürren1.848 km away
Pension Sonnenberg CH-3825 Murren2.621 km away