Lautoka Sugar MillCurrently Open
- Address: Waterfront Road, Lautoka, Fiji Map
- Timings: 07:30 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Family And Kids
If possible and if time permits, check out the backbone of Lautoka’s economy- the Sugar Mill. Walk along the Waterfront Road or the Nadovu road to reach the mill. Although guided tours are not available and you won’t find any tourists around, you will be able to watch the day to day activities of the mill. A fun sight is the customized train bringing in sugarcane to the mill.
Lautoka Sugar Mill Travel Tips
- Please avoid having lengthy conversations with the mill workers.
- Some areas are off limits. Follow the rules.
How to Reach Lautoka Sugar Mill
- Walking down the road is recommended.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lautoka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lautoka and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Lautoka Sugar Mill Address: Waterfront Road, Lautoka, Fiji
- Lautoka Sugar Mill Timing: 07:30 am - 04:30 pm
- Best time to visit Lautoka Sugar Mill(preferred time): 09:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Lautoka Sugar Mill: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
95% of people who visit Lautoka include Lautoka Sugar Mill in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
59.35% of people start their Lautoka Sugar Mill visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Lautoka Sugar Mill
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lautoka Sugar Mill
People normally club together Lautoka Botanical Garden and Vuda Point Marina Fiji while planning their visit to Lautoka Sugar Mill.
Lautoka Sugar Mill Reviews & Ratings
My Father was an engineer at Lautoka in the 50's. We will be in Fiji in April and would like to visit the mill. We lived in Nth Qld on mill estates and know they are not for tourists. Any information on tours would be apprecialted.Answer Report Abuse
I don't think there are any tours for the Lautoka Sugar Mill. You can ask the locals around and see if they can be of any help.Report Abuse
How can my 15 yr old grand daughter visiting Fiji from USA on 6th July can visit the sugar mill in Lautoka for a small tour...I am originally from Lautoka and worked for Fiji Govt and now residing in USA. Your prompt reply will be appreciatedAnswer Report Abuse
It will be an interesting experience for her to visit one of the oldest sugar mills in Fiji. The tours usually last for around 2 hours and explain the whole process. You can check if any tours are available at Lautoka Sugar Mill or you can call them on 679 666 0800 for more information.Report Abuse