How to Reach Le Mans - The Easiest Way to Reach Le Mans
HOW TO GET TO LE MANS
- By Plane : The Nearest international airport is Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, also known as Roissy Airport in Paris. It is connected to all the major cities around the world and is only a couple of hours away from Le mans. Another international airport is Paris Orly Airport. You can get the TGV as well as bus service to reach Le Mans from this airport. Though there is a small airfield in Le Mans, it is of no use if you are not travelling by a private plane.
- By train : Le Mans is well-connected by TGV trains with Gare du Mans being the main railway station here. Affordable and easier, it is recommended to reach the city by TGV. You can directly board the TGV high-speed train from Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport. Connected to Lille, Marseille, Nantes, and Rennes, cities like Nantes, Brittany, and Bordeaux are accessible by TGV from Le Mans. There are also some regional trains that will help you in getting in the city if you are in Laval, Tours or Angers.
- By Bus : All the major cities in Europe are connected to Le Mans by Bus. You can easily get a private bus to reach the city if you are in the neighbouring towns.
- By car : With well-maintained, smooth roads, travelling to Le Mans by car or taxi can be a pleasant experience. If you are in Paris, you can take the A11 L'Oceane highway that heads to Nantes via Le Mans. Highway A18 connects Le Mans and Rennes.
HOW TO GET AROUND LE MANS
- Walking : Some of the attractions are located in the heart of the city and are mostly nearby. You can easily cover this distance on foot. But, it is not possible to walk to all the attractions.
- Renting a cycle or bike : It can be the best way to cover Le Mans. It is budget-friendly and it will also give you a chance to admire the beautiful landscapes. There are many bicycle and bike rental companies here that offer well-maintained vehicles.
- Buses : Le Mans is a comparatively small city. It is well-connected by public buses. Reaching the city center from railway station hardly takes 5 minutes if you take a bus.
- Tramway : Though tramway does not connect all the city corners, it will take you to important town areas and major attractions easily.
- Rental cars : If you are in the mood of driving yourself, rent a car. It will be a memorable experience to drive through the beautiful roads surrounded by towering trees.
Are you looking for a Le Mans travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Le Mans
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Le Mans. The most preferred mode of transport in Le Mans is Car.
Average distance: 15 km Average time: 16 min
Car 100%Driving 15 min Walking 1 min Overall average time for 15 kms 16 min
How to Reach Le Mans from Nearby Cities
|Sillé-le-guillaume to Le Mans||41.46 km||41 mins|
|La rochelle to Le Mans||254.19 km||4 hours 14 mins|
|St helier to Le Mans||287.99 km||4 hours 47 mins|
|Chatham to Le Mans||376.75 km||6 hours 16 mins|
|Whitchurch to Le Mans||637.59 km||10 hours 37 mins|
|Legnano to Le Mans||1004.67 km||16 hours 44 mins|
|Mosta to Le Mans||2065.88 km||34 hours 25 mins|
|Naxxar to Le Mans||2067.07 km||34 hours 27 mins|
|Tel aviv to Le Mans||4183.7 km||69 hours 43 mins|
|Toronto to Le Mans||8849.6 km||147 hours 29 mins|