Leeds And Liverpool CanalCurrently Open
- Address: Leeds, England, United Kingdom Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Water Body, Walking Area, Family And Kids
Covering a distance of 127 miles from Leeds to Liverpool, this canal is the longest canal in northern England. Along with a vast distance, this attraction also spans through a vast history. In the 19th century, the canal served as an important and vital resource to trade, enabling the transport of coal, stone and other goods. Today, you can consider its banks as a great destination for outdoor fun such as cycling, walking or running.
This canal links the two major cosmopolitan cities of Liverpool and Leeds. Beyond the city, it is bordered with rural walks, noteworthy heritage sites and peaceful boating as it passes East Lancashire and then crosses Pennine countryside and picturesque villages on the edge of the Yorskhire Dales. Walking along it, do stop to marvel at many canal side warehouses and lock-keepers cottages that are listed buildings. Also, there are well over 100 other listed structures, such as bridges and wharfs which render this canal historic.
Leeds And Liverpool Canal Travel Tips
- You can also take up the paved cycling route to enjoy its scenery.
How to Reach Leeds And Liverpool Canal
- Walking distance from Leeds railway station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Leeds before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Leeds and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Leeds And Liverpool Canal Address: Leeds, England, United Kingdom
- Leeds And Liverpool Canal Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Leeds And Liverpool Canal(preferred time): 06:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Time required to visit Leeds And Liverpool Canal: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
39.14% of people who visit Leeds include Leeds And Liverpool Canal in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
26.58% of people start their Leeds And Liverpool Canal visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Leeds And Liverpool Canal
79.22% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Leeds And Liverpool Canal
People normally club together University Of Leeds and Napolean's Casino while planning their visit to Leeds And Liverpool Canal.