This industrial museum is housed inside once world's largest woolen mill, Armley Mill. Located on the scenic riverside, strolling inside the museum is a time travel into the industrial history of Leeds from manufacturing textiles and clothing to printing, engineering and locomotives, which the city was world famous for.The main features of this museum are:
- Inside the museum, you can see the recreated Victoria Cottages through to the waterwheel.
- Or, you can visit the textile gallery and the milling room to know about Leeds’ connection with the wool and cloth industries.
- Since the history of this city is inextricably linked with wool trade, this museum will offer you plenty of opportunities to delve into what made Leeds the centre of cloth trade.
- The museum also has a working 1920's cinema where a range of short films are shown.
- In continuation to that, there is also a media gallery that contains a range of cameras and projectors, as well as printing presses.
Armley Mills Industrial Museum Travel Tips
- There is free parking at the front of the museum with disabled parking immediately outside of the Museum entrance.
- Inside the museum, the Locomotive gallery is closed until further notice.
Entrance Ticket Details For Armley Mills Industrial Museum
- Concession: £2.50
- Membership: Admission is free to members of the Leeds Art Fund, Friends of Leeds City Museums and the National Arts Collection Fund.
- Child: £1.40 Children under 5 years are free.
- Family: £7.50
- Max card: General admission is free.
- Adult: £2.50, Concessions: (LX, Over 60 & 60 Extra) £1.80, Child: (Breeze Card) £0.95, Family: £5.90
Armley Mills Industrial Museum Hours
- Last admission time for the museum is 4 pm.
How to Reach Armley Mills Industrial Museum
- By Bus: Bus number 5 operates between Leeds Railway Station and Armley Mills Museum.
- By Train: The nearest train station is Burley Park which is a 1 mile walk from the Museum.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Leeds before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Leeds and book an accommodation of your choice.
12.19% of people who visit Leeds include Armley Mills Industrial Museum in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
69.44% of people start their Armley Mills Industrial Museum visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Armley Mills Industrial Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Armley Mills Industrial Museum