Nostell Priory290 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Doncaster Road, Nostell, Wakefield, West Yorkshire WF4 1QE, United Kingdom, Leeds
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1924863892
- Ticket Price: 10 GBP
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Park, Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building
Nostell Priory is an 18th-century architecture that includes a Landscape Park and gardens as well. Serving as a home to the Winn family for 300 years, today the site offers its visitors 121 hectares (300 acres) of parkland with a range of walks and views. Strolling in its lakeside walks or a newly planted orchard and an adventure playground gives you an opportunity to enjoy the wonders of British countryside mansion, set amidst nature. Inside the house, you can see a collection of Chippendale furniture that was once made especially for Nostell. You can also wonder at the aesthetic beauty of paintings by Brueghel, Hogarth and Kauffmann. There is also a John Harrison (Longitude) longcase clock and an 18th-century dolls' house.
Entrance Ticket Details For Nostell Priory
- Child: £ 5.00
- Family: £ 25.00
- Group adult: £ 8.50
- Access to Parkland is free. There is a £3 car parking charge.
Nostell Priory Hours
- House is closed on Saturdays and Sundays. However, garden, park and tea-room are open on all 7 days.
How to Reach Nostell Priory
- Nearest Train station: Fitzwilliam train station
- By Bus: services from Wakefield to Doncaster
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Leeds before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Leeds and book an accommodation of your choice.
38.72% of people who visit Leeds include Nostell Priory in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
65.88% of people start their Nostell Priory visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Nostell Priory
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Nostell Priory