Are you looking for what to do in Leeds?
PLACES TO SEE
- Temple Newsam : This is a Tudor- Jacobean fashioned structure that is set within 1500 acres of enticing parklands. The estate also houses rare breed farm and displays a rich history.
- Thackeray museum : The museum is housed in one of Victorian buildings in Leeds. This medical museum is unique as it combines horror with science.
- Kirkstall Abbey : Set in beautiful parkland situated along the banks of the River Aire, the Kirkstall Abbey is an example of a medieval Cistercian abbey in Britain.
- Harewood house : Situated within “capability” Brown designed landscape, this historic Georgian property offers breathtaking views from its terraces.
THINGS TO DO
- Shopping at Corn Exchange : Enjoy the pleasures of shopping at Corn exchange which has a part retail area, part food hub and fosters a community of beautiful shops and boutiques.
- Watch a performance : There are a number of entertainment options for all in Leeds thanks to a flourishing community of actors, dancers, musicians and artists. Different shows can be found at the city’s many venues and stages such as Yorkshire Playhouse, Howard assembly rooms or Leeds Grand theatre.
- Engage your kids : There are a plethora of activities available for your kids in Leeds: riding in the miniature steam trains at either Tropical World in Roundhay or Kirkstall Abbey, watching meerkats, exotic birds, butterflies and crocodiles in Tropical world or reimagining the past at Leeds City Museum, the Royal Armouries and Thackray Medical Museum.
- Beer Drinking : Leeds was the home of the Tetley's brewery for almost 200 years (it was demolished in 2012) and has a long tradition of beer drinking. Try up drinking beer at various venues and bars in Leeds and color yourself in the culture of Leeds.
Below we have a list of things to do in Leeds and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Leeds getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Leeds with confidence.