Tropical World323 Votes Currently Open
Kids are going to love this place! The Tropical World at Roundhay Park has become one of the most coveted family attractions in Leeds. Situated just three miles from the city centre, this terrain is great to take a trek through the rainforest, relax in the simulated environs of Australia and to take a quick excursion through the desert. This is one of the best ways to learn the tropical habitats and other exotic places from around the world: including jungles; deserts; and creatures of the night.
Some of the zones inside the park are
- Butterfly House: Houses 30 to 40 species of butterflies.
- Amazon Tank: The largest fish in Tropical World lives here, the Niger Catfish (Pseudoras Niger) from South America.
- Australasia House: The Australasia House is home to a huge variety of plants, including the rare Jade Vine.
- Creature Corner: You can see lizards, spiny mice and snakes.
- Amazon/ South American House
- The Desert House
Spanning over 700 acres, this tropical park consists of
- Lakes, streams and a landscaped canal in the canal gardens.
- Wonderful floral displays in the specialist gardens.
- You can spend your time fishing in the largest lake, Waterloo.
- There are pavements for walking and running, cycling, football and cricket pitches, tennis courts, a golf course, bowling greens.
- Children can play in the playground and can do skating in the skate park.
Tropical World Travel Tips
- An adult must accompany children under 14.
- Free parking is available just off Princes Avenue in Roundhay Park.
- Disabled parking is available on Princes Avenue just outside the entrance to Tropical World.
- There is also an Explorer’s cafe inside the park where you can get hold of the snacks.
- The Park is accessible for wheelchairs, buggies and the like and toilets are available at the Mansion, the Explorer's café in the Canal gardens, Tropical World and the café by the playground.
Entrance Ticket Details For Tropical World
- Children(5-15) : £ 2.50, Under 5 free
- Leeds card : £ 3.00, ‘Extra’ cardholders and Breezecard : £ 2.00
How to Reach Tropical World
- Roundhay Park is on the 2 and 12 circular bus route.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Leeds before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Leeds and book an accommodation of your choice.
40.78% of people who visit Leeds include Tropical World in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
34.29% of people start their Tropical World visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Tropical World
93.44% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tropical World