Donkey SanctuaryCurrently Open
- Address: Korean Temple Road, Village Khakshal, Leh-Ladakh - 194101, India Map
- Phone: +91-9873485835
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids
Joanne Lefson, a photo journalist from South Africa, was struck by the plight of abandoned old donkeys, who, not quite a cute as stray dogs, don’t get the slightest smidgen of affection. So she founded this place to heal and rehabilitate injured or pregnant donkeys, after which they are released. This is the only such donkey sanctuary in all of Asia. It’s entirely a labour of love, and donations are greatly appreciated. You can adopt a donkey here for USD 200 a year.
Donkey Sanctuary Hours
- Call the sanctuary before visiting to confirm timings.
How to Reach Donkey Sanctuary
- Drive to here, take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Leh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Leh and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Donkey Sanctuary Address: Korean Temple Road, Village Khakshal, Leh-Ladakh - 194101, India
- Donkey Sanctuary Contact Number: +91-9873485835
- Time required to visit Donkey Sanctuary: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.1% of people who visit Leh include Donkey Sanctuary in their plan
50% of people start their Donkey Sanctuary visit around 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Donkey Sanctuary
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Donkey Sanctuary
People normally club together General Zorawar's Fort and Ladakh Arts And Media Organisation while planning their visit to Donkey Sanctuary.