Gurudwara Pathar Sahib609 Votes Currently Open
- Address: NH 1D, Phey, Jammu and Kashmir 194101, Leh, India Map
- Timings: 06:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Gurudwara, Family And Kids
25 miles west of Leh is a 16th century Gurudwara built to commemorate the visit of Sikh saint and founder of the Sikh religion Guru Nakak to Ladakh. Legend says a demon attacked the saint here with a rock while he was meditating, and upon contact, the rock melted, forming a depression in the shape of the meditating mystic. The rock was discovered by lamas in 1970 during the construction of the Leh-Nimu highway. Now maintained by the Army, the Gurudwara is a quick but popular stop. All that you have to see here is the stone.
Gurudwara Pathar Sahib Travel Tips
- There is no place to eat or sleep here.
Entrance Ticket Details For Gurudwara Pathar Sahib
- No entry fees
How to Reach Gurudwara Pathar Sahib
- By Car
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Leh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Leh and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Gurudwara Pathar Sahib Address: NH 1D, Phey, Jammu and Kashmir 194101, Leh, India
- Gurudwara Pathar Sahib Timing: 06:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Best time to visit Gurudwara Pathar Sahib(preferred time): 09:00 am - 10:00 am
- Time required to visit Gurudwara Pathar Sahib: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
10.59% of people who visit Leh include Gurudwara Pathar Sahib in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
35.15% of people start their Gurudwara Pathar Sahib visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Gurudwara Pathar Sahib
91.23% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gurudwara Pathar Sahib
People normally club together Stok Palace Museum and Hemis Monastery while planning their visit to Gurudwara Pathar Sahib.